7. Outcome of Effective communication
نتائج التصال الفعال
• Interpersonal Relation Satisfaction.
• Work Motivation.
• Get the responses you want.
• Gain other departments’ cooperation to
implement ideas .
• Improve work environment.
14. UNDERSTANDING MESSAGES
•Research has shown that when
someone has given a spoken message,
only 7% of the listener understanding
and judgment of the message comes
from the words themselves, 38% from
the way the message was spoken
(accent, tone, inflection etc.) and 55%
from the speaker body language (facial
expressions, eye contact etc.)
26. Sources of Interference
مصادر تشويش الرسالة
• (Incoherent for any reason)
• Formulating>>>> Bad Encoding
• Message >>>>>Not clear
(Unable or not interested to receive)
(Inadequate feedback-feedback type)
27. How to minimize Interference
• Use Interactive Listening
• Use Questioning Techniques
• Interpret Body Language
• Chose & Use right communication Method
• Be on the same wavelength
28. LISTENING SKILLS
• Listening does not mean shutting your
mouth and opening your ears!
• That is HEARING...!
• Good listener participates actively in
the information exchange.
30. How to be an active listener
• Start by Understanding Your Own
• Think before speaking.
• Pay attention to speakers .
• Use Nonverbal Communication .
• Give Feedback.
• Use Question Techniques.
31. Improving Your Listening Skills
1. Briefly restate what you have
2. Pay attention!
3. Consider the source.
4. Discipline yourself.
5. Want to listen.
6. Do not interrupt.
33. Nine Keys to Better Listening
• Learn to recognize how important listening is to you
and your job - you can't get ahead without it.
• Relax when you feel tense. This makes
• If you find yourself preoccupied, use empathy to
force yourself to listen.
• Tell yourself you are interested in what the other
fellow is saying. Remember, self-centered people
are poor listeners.
34. Nine Keys to Better Listening
• Judge the worth of what you've heard after
you have heard it.
• Ask the other person for his ideas. Don't
appear unwilling to listen.
• Do not doodle or try to do two things at once,
concentrate on what is being said.
• Don't listen only to what the speaker says,
listen to what he means.
• Make listening the hi-fi of your
communications. Remember, thousands of
moneymaking ideas go unrecognized because
people don't listen.
35. Be Prepared To Listen
– Ask yourself "What new things can I learn
from this person?"
– There is no such thing as an uninteresting
• There are only uninterested people..!
-Make sure you have paper and pencil.
-Move away from distraction.
36. Questioning Skills
You must develop your questioning
• To minimize interference in your
• To get High quality information
40. Individual barriers
• Conflicting. التعارض
• Credibility about the subjectمصداقية الموضوع
• Reluctance to communicateمقاومة التصال
• Poor listening skills. ضعف مهارات النصات
• Predispositions about the subject. رفض
41. Organizational barriers
قوانين ولوائح المؤسسة.• Semantics
فروقات ادارية.• Status or power differences
عدم وجود بيئة جيدة للتواصل .• noise
ضغوط العمل الغير معتادة .• Overload
42. ??How to Remove Barriers
Problems with communication can pop-up in
different stage :
44. Communication and Interpersonal
Improve your people skills and workplace
communication techniques through
interpersonal skills training
cooperation across entire organization.
45. Golden Tips of communication
1. Don't take another person's reaction or
2. Don't have to have all the answers.
3. Respond (facts and feelings); don't react
4. Understand that people want to feel
heard more than they care about
whether you agree or not.
46. Golden Tips of communication
5-Remember that what someone says and
what we hear can be amazingly different!
6-Acknowledge inconvenience or frustration
and offer a timeline, particularly if you
need someone else's cooperation.
7-Look for common ground instead of
8-Remember that change is stressful for
most people .
47. Golden Tips of communication
9-Work to keep a positive mental
10-Improve your listening skill .
48. .Contact Info