2. Theories we used:
• Levi Strauss – ‘Cool’ vs. ‘Un-cool’ no specific
order of events – our film involves flashbacks,
non linear structure. Cool – gangsters vs. Un-
cool – geeks.
• Vladimir Propp – Villain, Hero, Helper. ‘Villains’
of the film are the gangsters and the ‘Heroes’
are the geeks.
3. Theories we challenged
• O’Sullivan – Common structure with an
established plot, our film did not have a a
• Todorov – Equilibrium, disequilibrium ,
disruption, direction against disruption,
resolution – our film did not have a resolution
and started after the disequilibrium had
• The theory we used in our film was very
effective in how it established how our
narrative was structured and how are
characters where represented in the narrative.
The theories we challenged showed how we
could deviate from the ‘norm’ structure and
make it our own.