• Tropical cyclones are what most people
are familiar with because these are
cyclones that occur over tropical ocean
• Hurricanes and typhoons are actually
types of tropical cyclones, but they
different names so that it's clear where
that storm is occurring.
• Hurricanes are found in Atlantic and north
pacific; typhoons are found in Northwest
Polar cyclones are cycles that occur in polar region like Greenland,
Siberia and Antarctica. Unlike tropical cyclones, Polar cyclones are
Mesocycle is a cycle that occurs what part of a thunderstorm cloud
starts to spin, which may eventually lead to a tornado. 'meso' means
• Cyclones causes heavy rainfall and
• They harm the ecosystem of the
• Agricultural land is severely
affected, especial in terms of water supply
and soil erosion.
• It causes harm to human, plants and
• Communications systems are badly
affected due to cyclones.
Fill buckets, sinks and baths with water in case the water
supply becomes restricted.
Gather everyone indoors including any pets.
Stay away from doors, windows and exterior walls.
Turn off all electricity, gas and water and unplug all
Move to a higher ground/ safe shelter.
Take the emergency kit, first aid box and valuables with
• Cyclone rotates counterclockwise in the
northern hemisphere and clockwise in the
southern hemisphere, due to earth's rotation.
• Typhoon Tip, known in the Philippines as
Typhoon Warling, was the largest and most
intense tropical cyclone ever recorded.
• Great Bhola Cyclone is the deadliest cyclone in
• Cyclone was named by Pakistan.