1. NIKHIL RAMESH MALADKAR
915 S Claremont Ave, Chicago, IL – 60612 | (773)707-4877 | email@example.com
• Master’s in Industrial Engineering, looking for a job in a challenging and healthy work environment where I can
utilize my knowledge and skills efficiently for the organizational growth.
• 2 years of professional experience working as a Junior Manger-operations at a Manufacturing firm.
• Experience in Lean Enterprise, Continuous Improvement, Inventory control, statistical Quality control and
reliability, Supply chain management, Problem solving, work safety and Project Management
Master of Science | Industrial Engineering University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL | GPA: 3.77 | May 2018
Courses: Operation Research, Data Science, Supply chain Management, Introduction to Operations Management
Bachelor of Engineering| Mechanical Engineering| Visvesvaraya Technological University, India | June 2013
Areas of Expertise
• Lean Enterprise
• Quality Control and reliability
• Statistical Analysis
Junior Manager – Manufacturing Operations
JSW Steel Ltd., India, May 2014 - February 2016
Joined as a Graduate Engineering trainee and was promoted based on my ability to solve problems and handle situations.
• Reduced the scrap generated by 33% by using quality tools like Fishbone diagram, 5 whys, Pareto charts.
• Slashed cycle time for changeover by 10 min by developing standard operating procedures (SOP) and
implementing standardized work.
• Reduced the number of breakdowns (process failure) by 15% by using A3 problem solving, performing risk
assessment using Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
• Calculated the optimal number of raw materials to be imported based on the warehouse space available using
Economic Order Quantity (EOQ).
• Ensured a smooth flow of raw materials by working with the Logistics Manager, the suppliers and 3PL
• Determined par levels for the various raw materials used in the plant using the historical data.
• Suggested a FIFO system for the finished goods warehouse to avoid corrosion of the older inventory.
• Led a cross-functional team and worked with people from different departments during breakdowns and
downtimes times to resolve issues
• Identified and eliminated recurring problems using lean techniques like the 8D analysis
• Implemented value stream mapping. Identified and recorded the key performance indicators like cycle time,
downtime and changeover time, and implemented changes that increased the productivity.
• Responsible for the material quality KPI metrics
• Trained operators and attended training related to work safety and Good manufacturing practices (GMP)
• Supply chain Management
• Operations management
• Operation Research
2. Sales and Manufacturing Analyst Intern
Diamond Crystal Brands, Savannah, GA, June 2017-August 2017
• Created a data base file to access fixed budget reports for various departments using advanced excel
• Identified and separated the most valuable SKU’s (out of 18000 SKUs) using ABC Analysis
• Forecasted for the sales data for the fourth quarter of 2017 and recommended a Holt’s Winter forecast.
• Analyzed the historical sales trends for various SKUs for using the 3 years of past sales data.
• Did a cost analysis for the various products manufactured in the company
AutoCAD, Minitab, Advanced Excel, Python
• Lean Green belt
• Intro to python for Data Science
• Intermediate Python for Data Science
Prediction of flight Delay-
Collected the flight data from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, imported it into python as Data frame, preprocessed
the data, that is removed the data was not required for the prediction, converted the categorical data dummy variables,
defined the training and testing data and implemented linear SVC for selective classification and Logistic regression using
Scikit learn library to predict the flight delay.
Immersive Touch: Haptics and virtual reality applications in medicine-
Made work flow diagrams which would help programmers to develop interface for the system. This was a part of the
academic coursework entitled “virtual surgical simulation”
Testing the Consistency of the Present Ping Pong Rating System: Veer and Bounce Quality -
We conducted a bounce test and veer test for 1-star and 3-star ping pong balls, built a k2^2 factorial design and 2^4
factorial design for bounce and veer test respectively and analyzed the data using Minitab.
Vertical Integration in Ferrero group-
Based on the case study found in the Harvard business website. We studied the various reasons why Ferrero group bought
the Hazelnut supplier in turkey and chose to vertically integrate its supply chain and made a study of the impact it had on