LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Culture is the social glue that helps hold an organization together by providing standards for what employees say or do
Martin Luther King's "I have a Dream" changed the America's direction as a country in terms of culture, strategy as well as leadership
McDonald's menus in India do not contain pork or beef. Vegetarian and non - vegetarian food products are kept separate throughout the sourcing, supply chain, cooking and serving process.They have been successful in achieving their strategic objectives with the thorough understanding the all forms of cultures that Jonson explains.
Walt Disney's conservative influence(Holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation) on the company he established continued until well after his death. Managers were afraid to experiment with new forms of entertainment because they were afraid Walt wouldn't like it. It took the installation of new management under Michael Eisner to turn around the company's fortunes and allow it to deal with the realities of the new entertainment industry environment.
leadership style established by the founder-or top management-is transmitted to the company's managers, and as the company grows, it typically attracts new managers and employees who share the same values.shared values and common culture increases integration and improves coordination among organizational members.When organizational members buy into cultural norms and values, this dynamic bonds them to the organization and increases their commitment to find new ways to help it succeed
Michael Dell, for example, keeps his organization as flat as possible and has decentralized authority to lower-level managers and employees who are charged with striving to get as close to the customer as they can. The result has been to create a cost-conscious customer service culture at Dell in which employees strive to provide high-quality customer service.
Leadership and culture ppt
LEADERSHIP AND CULTURE Presented by, Nemmi Jayadevan MACFAST
Keys to Organizational Excellence STRATEGY CULTURE LEADERSHIP
STRATEGY… "Strategy is the direction and scope of an organization over the long term, whichachieves advantage in a changing environment through its configuration of resources and competences with the aim of fulfilling stakeholder expectations"
Every organization has to manage its strategies in main three areas;• The organizations internal resources;• The external environment within which the organization operates;• The organizations ability to add value to what it does.
CULTURE.... Set of shared values, attitudes…‘a way of life’…. Patterns of ‘how we do things around here’, the company lore…Unique to business philosophy, principles & strategy…manifested in values, practices, standards & policies.. Can originate anywhere but usually by founders & leaders
• Culture is the social glue.• Culture provides boundary-defining roles.• Culture conveys a sense of identity for organization members.• It serves as a “sense-making” and control mechanism that guides and shapes the attitudes and behavior of employees.
LEADERSHIP…• Leadership is fundamental aspect of strategic management and paramount in strategy implementation. • The ability to anticipate, envision, maintain flexibility and empower others to create strategic change.
• Strategic thinking, Strategic acting and strategic influencing are key skills for a leader. – Eg:• It is leaders responsibility to formulate strategy and create a strategic intent to drive the organization for results.• Leaders can fit culture to strategy or fit the strategy to culture compromising performance
• Culture of an organization is the central thesis of organizational strategy and implementation.• To ensure successful Strategy formulation, implementation and the evaluation/measurement, need Strategic leadership• Leadership runs like a thread through all functions of management to integrate them into a cultural of excellence.• Understanding culture is desirable for all but is a must for leaders
• Johnson, emphasis that:• Individuals are surrounded by four different cultures, namely national/regional, organizational field, organizational and functional/divisional• It is important to understanding all four frames of culture in order to be successful in the business environment. – Eg: McDonalds approach to enter and operate in India
• Organizational culture is created by the strategic leadership.• The founder imprints values and management styles on the organization that lasts for a long time.• Good for a certain period but be stifling over the long haul – Eg: Walt Disneys conservative influence on the company
companysleadership style managers increasesintegration and attracts new improves managers and coordination employees bonds them to the organization and increases their commitment
• Strategic leadership affects organizational culture as well, through the way they delegate authority and divide up task relationships. –Eg: Michael Dell keeps his organization flat & has decentralized authority to lower-level managers.
Conclusion…It is pivotal for any leader to have a culturalawareness in formulation, exaction andevaluation of strategy process for anyorganization irrespective of their purpose ofexistence. Ultimately it is leaders ability tostrike the right balance between Strategy,leadership and culture to realizeorganizational effectiveness.