1. OLGA BETANCOURT
7105 SW 109 CT, MIAMI, FL 33173
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
PROFESSIONAL PROFILE: A Cross-Cultural leader with strong passion about driving the business with over 15 years of
accounting experience in the construction industry and Professional channels developing long term strategies with
comprehensive execution plans, experience in identifying the needs and facing them with the best results and in a total
winning solution. Excellent employee follows all company policies, perform a variety of duties not limiting one to ensure
excellence. Assist in other business functions and tasks, capable to perform any task with or without notice, easy to
overcome drastic changes without previous notice, excellent ability to learn at a fast pace, multi task, able to work under
a lot of pressure, stress or any similar condition, always a person that can be count on fast paced, preparing reports
providing information and assistance as needed, flexibility to travel, self-motivated, managing large teams and business
operations in different roles. Strong technical skill with Microsoft Office and languages: Spanish (native), English.
CORE COMPETENCIES & KNOWLEDGE AREAS
Accounting • Bookkeeping Certify •Real Estate • Mortgage Broker • Professional Areas (Audit package preparation; GL
applications; credit and finance analyst; Commercial Underwriting; Billing; Payables; Receivables; Collections and Cash
Applications analyst) • Public Notary • Credit and Accounting management • Building Effective Teams • Developing Direct
Reports • Organization Agility • Planning & Priority Setting • Customer Focus • Integrity & Trust •
• P&L - Financial Acumen • MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) • AS 400, SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards •
• Areas of Interest: Project Development • Cost Analysis • Code Compliance • Code of Ethics
THYSSENKRUPP ELEVATOR DORAL, FL-Area 01/2013 – Present
Construction Accounting Management
• Management of a $45-million-dollars portfolio
• Responsible of accounts reconciliations, sworn statement of accounts, cash applications, accuracy on SOV’s, PO’s and DOP. Compliance.
• Handling of project documents (AIA forms, certificate of insurance, Pictures, bill of sales, NTO, NOC, lien waivers)
• Decision maker for lien filling, lien releases, notices of intent, and bond claims
• Coordinating Monthly A/R meetings and conference calls
• Mediator between Customers, General Contractors, field personnel, and internal departments.
• Collect calls, and follow ups, and Payment Allocations
• Overseeing the accuracy on the accounting and in the field for all projects.
• Contract Analysis and interpretation.
• Final Acceptance approvals
• Project close out Docs.
AmeriGas Propane Medley, FL-Area May 2012 - December 2012
Collections, Receivables and Billing Specialist.
• Customer service and high volume calls for collection issues
• Manage customer refunds, credit memos
• Process and review account adjustments
• Resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
• Monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts
2. • Account reconciliations and disputes
• Internal department mediation
• Provide weekly and monthly AR reports to management
• Accountable for reducing delinquency
• Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
• Internal and External customer interface
• Achieve dept. Goals and activity metrics
• Establish and maintain effective long term customer/vendor relationship
Navarro Discount Pharmacy Miami, FL-Area August 2010 – May 2012
Store assistant manager
• Assist manager with daily operations (Store inspections, safety procedures, accounting, customer relation, guest services)
• Supported job development, gathering information on daily basics to offer a better customer service,
• Human Resource Activities (Employee Schedules, Training, Safety and Policy manuals)
• Customer Service (complaints, disputes, incidents, discrepancies, quality control and management)
• Received Excellence Recognition achievement within the corporation
• Preparation of presentations and Sales Reports for Corporate
• Organizing Operation schedule for next day
• In charge of keeping all books ready for auditing as required
• Keeping book logs up to date as required by the company and regulatory authorities.
• Supported staff at pick hours or as need it with the cash register.
• Determined and applied appropriate resolutions to unexpected events, ensuring accuracy and facilitating smooth transition.
• Responsible for store opening and closing as per company schedule
Latin American Developers Coral Gables, FL-Area October 1997- July 2009
Project Accountant Manager (GM)
• Work closely with Project Manager to ensure accurate client billing and track project costs
• Monitor study accounts receivables and assist in collections efforts
• Maintain organized project contract files including vendor setup and maintenance
• Provided training to project managers on internal systems and procedures
• Support month end close process, including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations; Assist in accounts receivable/customer billing,
assuring that billing adhere to customer contracts and are coded and entered correctly in the general ledger
• Strong knowledge of commonly used financial concepts, practices and procedures within architectural and design industry
• Assisted the CFO in preparing financial forecasts of projected revenue and profit in conjunction with financial analysis of Budget vs. actual
operating results for all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements
• Assisted the CFO in designing, implementing and supporting procedures that will assure compliance with firm policies and internal controls
• Review weekly financial reports and bring any significant issues to the attention of the project manager
• Review preliminary SOV forms for appropriate and accurate billing, (materials, labor, expense charges, billing rates, fees maximums and
makes appropriate changed and reclassification
• Updated outstanding receivable statements, billing summaries and consultant summaries that are for client’s use
• Interact with client’s accounting department counterpart regarding outstanding invoices, billing schedules, invoice approval and collections.
Fidelity National Insurance Miami, FL-Area November 1987 - August 1997
• Supported the underwriting department staff
• Collect customer data, analyzed applications, update policy holders, and records
• High volume communication with 300+ agents, 1000+ policyholders and third parties
3. • Underwriting policies, document analysis and good judgment
• Reviewed and resolved discrepancies on suspended account listings
• Monitored status and performed quality control checks reporting directly to management
• Maintained accuracy rate of 100% in review and processing of complex policy changes.
• Determined and applied appropriate premium factors and cancellations and reinstatements
• Decrease cancellation rate 45% in 1
• Obtained superior customer service recognition
• Maintained a 98%+ accuracy on all billing rates
• Analyzed information in insurance application to determine whether a risk is acceptable or not
SCHOOL: Miami Dade Community College
Associates in Child Development Achievement 1996/1998
Customer Service, Office management, accounting fundamentals 1989
SCHOOL: Gold Coast
Real estate Agent 1997 (Inactive)
Mortgage Broker 1997 (Inactive)
General Lines -220 LIC 1988 (inactive)
University High School / Cali – Colombia
Sanfrancisco de Asis