LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
What’s World War 2
• World War II, also known as the
Second World War, was a global
war that lasted from 1939 to 1945.
• Nearly every country was involved
in this war from USA till Japan. So
that’s why it was a world war.
What triggered WW2
• WW2 started when Nazi Germany invaded
• After that, France and Britain declared war on
The two Alliances of WW2
• The WW2 included two opposite alliances:
• Axis powers :(Germany, Italy, Japan, Hungary,
• Allies: (U.S., Britain, France, USSR, Australia,
Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark,
Greece, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway,
Poland, South Africa, Yugoslavia).
• On September 27, 1940, Nazi Germany, Italy,
and Japan signed the Tripartite Pact to form
the Axis Power.
• The Axis leaders were Adolf Hitler (Germany),
Benito Mussolini (Italy), and Emperor Hirohito
• Allied powers in WW2 was (U.S., Britain, France, Soviet
Union, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China,
Denmark, Greece, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway,
Poland, South Africa, Yugoslavia.)
• The main Allied powers were Great Britain, The United
States, China, and the Soviet Union.
• The leaders of the Allies were Franklin Roosevelt (the
United States), Winston Churchill (Great Britain), and
Joseph Stalin (the Soviet Union).
Main Battles in WW2
• Battle of Stalingrad, 1942-1943.
• Battle of Berlin, 1945.
• Battle of Britain, 1940.
• Battle of France, 1940.
• Battle of Moscow, 1941-1942.
Ending of WW2
• On 8 May 1945, the Allies accepted Germany's
surrender, about a week after Adolf Hitler had
committed suicide. VE Day – Victory in Europe
celebrates the end of the Second World War on 8
• The surrender of the Empire of Japan was
announced by Imperial Japan on August 15 and
formally signed on September 2, 1945, after the
USA dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and
Nagasaki on 8 August 1945.
The Atomic Bomb Exploding and the aftermath in Hiroshima
Outcomes of WW2
• Germany was divided into four parts. Part for the
USA , part for the UK ,part for the Soviet Union and
part for France.
• Europe was divided into 2 parts
Economic Outcomes of WW2
• Due to men absence for fighting
,women took their place in
manufacturing. Rosie the Riveter was an
icon representing the 6 mil women
working in the USA.
• Capitalism spread wide in Europe after
the soviet invasion.
• At the end of the war, millions of people
were homeless, the European economy
had collapsed, and much of the
European industrial infrastructure had
Facts About WW2
• 80% of Soviet males born in 1923 didn't survive
World War 2
• Between 1939 and 1945 the Allies dropped 3.4
million tons of bombs, An average of about 27,700
tons of bombs each month.
• Germany lost 40-45% of their aircraft during World
War 2 to accidents
• 84 German Generals were executed by Hitler