LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Air-Station providing the air-flow for the recovery unit . Filtration unit and vacuum pumpRecovery unit for halon recovery, transfer and charging. CO2 cylinder connected to the recovery unit
Scope of UNIDOs equipment provision:Item Description Quantity 1 Halon Recovery and Recharging Unit > 6kg/Minute 1 2 Measuring / Control Device 1 3 Compressed Air Supply Station > 800 Liter/Minute 1 4 Filtration Unit > 7 kg/minute 1 5 Vacuum Pump > 170 Liter/minute / 12 Micron 1 6 Halon storage cylinder 100 kg, CO2 / 250 bar 3 7 Spare Parts 1
The objectives of the workshop were as follows:• To provide information on the Montreal Protocol and on substances that deplete the Ozone Layer, including its global requirements mandates for the phase-out and management of halon.• To provide information on ozone friendly alternatives to halons.• To describe and demonstrate technological options regarding recovery, recycling, reclamation and disposal of halon and the availability of these technologies to the region.• To provide information and further explanation especially:• International Standard ISO 7201-1 – Fire protection, Fire extinguishing media, Halogenated hydrocarbons. Part 1: Specification for Halon 1211 and halon 1301• International Standard ISO 7201-2 – Fire protection, Fire extinguishing media, Halogenated hydrocarbons. Part 2: Code of practice for safe handling and transfer procedures of halon 1211 and halon 1301.• Booklet RH-Valves and cylinder, guideline for handling and maintenance.• To provide detailed information on technological possibilities and functional requirements for halon/nitrogen separation and treatment to meet the international ISO standard.• To provide training and information exchange on the decommissioning of halon systems and associated safety issues, halon system maintenance and recovery and recycling of liquefied and compressed gases.• To identify national legislative and regulatory instruments required to ensure the sustainable phase-out and management of halon in the region.
Activities at FINANC d.o.o. site:•• Provided Halon Banking equipment was installed, commissioned and tested at an approximately 100 m² area, located at FINANC Co. site. FINANC Co. staff members attended the whole installation and testing phase and a comprehensive and detailed explanation and description of all machineries, tools and measuring devices was carried out at the same time. Upcoming questions and problems have been processed in an unruffled atmosphere. Two field-installation cylinders containing Halon 1301 were used for discharge-valve description, opening and halon recovery.
• Detailed on-site activities description• Controlling for transport damages of the supplied equipment• Installation of the equipment, especially the air-supply unit• Electrical installations (air-supply unit and halon measuring/control device)• Function control• Adjustment of the supplied equipment• Manufacturing and provision of different connectors and adaptors• Cylinder inspection (20 pieces of provided halon 1301 cylinder with approx 35 kg charge each)• Gas and liquid recovery during equipment set-up (equipment testing)• Explanation and demonstration of the halon source identification device.• Safety regulations explanations including several repetitions
• Demonstration of all different equipment functions to the operators• Explanation of different types of Halon- discharge valves• Explanation of halon filtration activities• Explanation and demonstration of equipment and cylinder evacuation• Provision and explanation of comprehensive RH manuals for the specific equipment, functioning and handling• Explanations of the recovery and recycling work-flow scheme (incl. separation)• Explanations on practices to minimise emission during equipment operation and handling
Findings during equipment commissioning:During equipment commissioning and handling the following deviations from UNIDOs technicalequipment specifications were registered: ITBCase 15002810 Description Proposed activities item No Halon Filtration Unit Forwarding of parts to FINANC 1 4 3/8” connection with ball valve and installation > Not available/installed Vacuum Pump Forwarding of parts to FINANC > No oil-mist filter and installation or replacement 2 5 > No 3/8” pump connection assembly pump > No vacuum hose 3/8”, 180 cm long 3 x Storage Tank 100 Liter / 250 bar Replacing and installation of > 3 x Riser tube broken off at valve neck 3 x valve CEODEUX/ROTAREX – 3 6 > 3 x Length of riser tubes too short C041 3 x riser
• Case 3: Due to the horizontal transport of the three CO2 cylinders (assumption) already pre-installed steel-risers are broken off (caused by oscillation) from the two-way valves neck inner connection thread (inside the vessel). Additional, by removing the valve from the cylinder, it was identified that the riser tubes are not from sufficient length. The riser must reach the cylinders bottom to enable entry of liquid and emptying the cylinder from halon. Filtration of halon and bottle to bottle operation relays on this device.• During the commissioning workshop (last day) it was not possible to filtrate the recovered halon 1301 charge of approx 60 kg because of the before mentioned problematic. The not functional valve-riser assembly was identified after charging of halon into the cylinder. There was no practical possibility to demonstrate the filtration unit in operation with halon. Recovered halon will remain now in one of the defective new CO2 cylinder until replacement of valves and risers is secured. Halon 1301 content has to be recovered in gaseous form (time consuming process). For safety reason an upside-down operation of the cylinder is not recommended. Repair of valves (drill out of old risers thread) is not recommended.
Halon 1301 detection device with temperature indication installed, Probe cylinder attached to the field cylinder. Additional manufactured assembly adapter Field cylinder secured at wall.
• Comments and recommendations• The selection of the FINANC d.o.o. Company as a location to establish a Halon-Bank in Mostar, Bosnia & Herzegovina is a very good solution in several aspects.• FINANC Co. has comprehensive knowledge in handling and treatment of liquefied and pressure-gases including CO2 in the sector of fire-fighting.• The location of FINANC d.o.o. Company, the company’s expertise and the workshop area together with today installations enable a professional and profitable Halon Banking Management operation for Bosnia & Herzegovina and if applicable aboard. There is also complementary equipment for cylinder pressure testing available.• UNIDO delivery of equipment: Delivery of missing pieces of equipment and repair of defective components should be secured shortly to maintain the comprehensive use of all halon bank machinery components as indicated and described with manuals and technical advises by UNIDO (RH).• FINANC Co. is actually dealing and maintaining equipment and systems based on halon alternatives.• FINANC Co. has already significant amounts of Halon type 1301 in store for further treatment and is in contact with different end-user for additional supply.• As during the days of commissioning discussed, FINANC Co. should get in contact with Halon Bank Companies in Belgrade (Serbia) and Varazdin (Croatia) to improve regional Halon Banking System.
• Removal of halon 1301 from Electrical Power Public Utility Bilding in Sarajevo
20 pieces of halon 1301 cylinder withapprox 35 kg charge each stockpiled inHalon centerElectrical Power Public Utility didnt yetreplace the system, looking foralternative technology and financialfundsFM200 is considered
Guarda las diapositivas más importantes con los recortes.
Los recortes son una forma práctica de recopilar y organizar las diapositivas más importantes de una presentación. Puedes guardar tus magníficos descubrimientos en tableros de recortes organizados por temas.