LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
At the end of the 18 - th century the building was seriously changed. The earth ramparts, which adjoined the Gate were removed; buttresses surrounded by circular bastions were added to four corners of the old tower to reinforce it; the gateway church was built in brick and reconstructed in 1810; the platform around the church was turned into a covered gallery. Extremely rare monument of the old-russian fortification. It was built in white stone in 1158-1164 by prince Andrei Bogolyubsky of Vladimir and was the main entrance and defensive tower of the new fortress , the assault of the mongol-tartar army and was not covered with shame at that. Today the Golden Gate is a part of the Vladimir and Suzdal museum, in 1992 it was inscribed on the World Heritage List of UNESCO. The Golden Gate
The Cathedral of the Assumption <ul><li>It is the unique monument of the white-stone architecture of Vladimir and Suzdal. The church was built in 1158-1160 by prince Andrei Bogolyubsky as a principle church of the Vladimir-Suzdal principality. The cathedral stands on a high hill over the Klyazma river. Four domes t ogether with a central one form a five-domed roof, that determined a model of the orthodox church for a long time. </li></ul><ul><li> The architectural complex of the Assumption Cathedral includes a bell-tower and St.George church. </li></ul><ul><li>The cathedral was restored in the 19-20 - th centuries. At a moment the Assumption cathedral is used by both the Vladimir-Suzdal museum and the Russian Orthodox Church. It is on the World Heritage List of UNESCO. </li></ul>