LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
WHAT IS SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY?
• SCIENCE - It is the intellectual and practical activity
encompassing the systematic study of the structure and
behavior of the physical and natural world through
observation and experiment.
• TECHNOLOGY - It is the application of scientific
knowledge for practical purposes, especially in industry.
HOW DOES SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY MAKE THE
WORLD A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE IN?
• Science and Technology has been of a great help to mankind,
to make their lives better. Technology provides to us a better
knowledge, faster ways of locomotion and communication.
• Better Knowledge - Computers have replaced books in the
present world. A lot can be learned over the Internet. It helps
in doing research on information for Projects quickly rather
than going to the Library. Nowadays even the Teachers
promote learning over the internet.
• Faster ways of Locomotion - Nowadays, ways of locomotion such as car,
motorcycle, train, and airplane, (the Automobiles) has facilitated our
lives as opposed to ships in the olden times which used to take a lot of
time to reach the destination along with risks to one's life. The Airplane,
presently the fastest means of travel is very comfortable and safe among
the rest of the ways of locomotion.
• Communication - When we talk about communication, the television,
the telephone, and the Internet come into our mind.
• Their uses are essential to the society, and it has become much easier to
communicate by telephone than by mail used in the olden days. The
mail which was a slow means of communication has been replaced by a
much faster means now.
• People can pay bills by the Internet in a safe way, and phone familiars
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY INTRODUCED IN
INDIA IN THE PAST.
• Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India had initiated reforms to
promote higher education, science, and technology in India.
• Education - The Indian Institutes of Technology – conceived by a 22 member
committee of scholars and entrepreneurs in order to promote technical
education in India. More IITs were soon opened in Bombay, Madras, Kanpur
and Delhi as well in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Five Indian Institutes of
Technology were listed among the top 10 science and technology schools in
Asia by Asiaweek.
• Space Research Organization - Beginning in the 1960s, close ties with the
Soviet Union enabled the Indian Space Research Organization to rapidly
develop the Indian space program and advance nuclear power in India.
• Advancements in Engineering - Development of Roads.
• Advanced Metallurgy - Production of Steel in India.
• Advanced Textile Manufacturing - Production of Cotton in India.
• Science and Technology -
• Aryabhata is the key historical figure in India who heralded these developments; his work the Aryabhatiya, which
can be precisely dated to 499, must surely rank among the great astronomical-mathematical classics of the world.
• .Number System
• Concept of Zero
• Decimal System
• Medicine -
• Astronomy -
• .Round Earth
• Solar Year
• People known for these past developments in Science and Technologies include C.V. Raman, Srinivasa Ramanujan,
satyendra nath bose, homi jehangir bhabha etc.,
RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY IN
• Mars Orbit Mission
• The Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM), also called Mangalyaan was launched on 5 November 2013 by the
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO). It is India's first interplanetary mission making ISRO the
fourth space agency to reach Mars, after the Soviet space program, NASA, and the European Space
Agency and the first Asian nation to reach Mars orbit, and the first nation to do so on its first
• On 18 November 2008, the Moon Impact probe was released from Chandrayaan-1 at a height of 100
km (62 mi). During its 25 minute decent, Chandra's Altitudinal Composition Explorer (CHACE)
recorded evidence of water in 650 mass spectra readings gathered during this time. On 24
September 2009 Science journal reported that the Chandrayaan-1 had detected water ice on the
• People known for these recent developments in Science and Technologies include Dr. A.P.J. Abdul
Kalam, Sam Pitroda, subrahmanyan chandrasekhar, M.Visvesvaraya etc.,
GROWTH OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY IN INDIA IN
THE PRESENT WORLD.
• India has acquired a foremost position in the map of the IT world. India’s
progress in this sector is quick and influential, providing the economy a boost.
Indian service sector, mainly due to IT has emerged as the most growing base
• The use of information technology in governance, company, management,
banking, advertising, entertainment, and insurance, and education, medical,
engineering and industrial fields is increasing day by day.
• Indian software services have great demands in the world. Exports of
software's have earned India foreign currency in a big amount. Investors are
attracted to invest in the IT sector. There is a flow of FDI in this sector, giving
India required capital to develop its economy.
• Indian Institutes of Information Technology have prepared expert
technicians for whom a demand exists in the world market Software
engineers in India have provided services to the whole world.
• This progress of Information Technology sector in India has helped
Indian economic growth. Due to this importance of IT sector, Indian
government is making policies to help it grow by providing
infrastructure to it. Favorable and liberal policies have been prepared
to attract foreign companies to establish their base in India.
• Indian government has established Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
(BSNL) in this direction. From 15th August, 2000, the Information
Technology Act has been implemented.
REASON FOR SLOW DEVELOPMENT OF SCIENCE AND
TECHNOLOGY IN INDIA.
• Indian science did not suffer from lack of funds but from unethical
practices, the urge to make illegal money, misuse of power,
frivolous publications and patents, faulty promotion policies,
victimization for speaking against wrong or corrupt practices in the
management, sycophancy, and brain drain. However, India has the
fastest growth rates among major countries. India, together with
China, Iran, South Africa and Brazil are the only developing
countries among 31 nations with 97.5% of the world's total
scientific productivity. The remaining 162 developing countries
contribute less than 2.5%.
• To conclude, I strongly agree that technology has made
the world a better place to live. The computer, the
automobile, the telephone, and various other
advancements in this field have surely been essential to us
and I think that the world has so many things yet to be
developed in order to help the society and make it a
better place to live.