1. Demonstration MethodDemonstration Method
What is demonstration method?What is demonstration method?
Why this method?Why this method?
Activity: Think and Discuss with theActivity: Think and Discuss with the
friend next to you for 5 minutes?friend next to you for 5 minutes?
Follow up Activity: Whole ClassFollow up Activity: Whole Class
2. What is Demonstration?What is Demonstration?
• Demonstration is
‘an act of showing something by giving proof
‘an instance of some body showing and
explaining how something works or is
(Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary)
3. What is Demonstration Method?What is Demonstration Method?
• Demonstration method is a visual
approach to examining information, ideas
• It is a teaching method that allows
students to see the teacher actively
engaged as a learner and a model rather
than merely telling them what they need to
4. Why demonstration method?Why demonstration method?
• To stimulate interest in a particular topic
• To illustrate points efficiently
• To provide change of pace
• To provide model for teaching specific skill
• To overcome resource constraints
5. Types of DemonstrationTypes of Demonstration
1. Pure Demonstration
- Purely visual method of instruction
2. Demonstration with commentary
- Harmonious blend of visual and verbal
modes of instruction
3. Participative Demonstration
- Allows students to attempt either to
replicate all or parts of demonstrations
6. Steps to carry out effectiveSteps to carry out effective
1. Carefully plan the demonstration
2. Practice the demonstration
3. Develop an outline to guide the demonstration
4. Make sure everyone can see the
5. Introduce the demonstration to focus attention
6. Ask and encourage questions
7. Plan a follow up to the demonstration