LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
What does Chess have to
do with Management?
When you play chess-
• you consider the function of each
piece and put the pieces in positions
• Understanding how components
work together, making the most of
strengths and weaknesses
• plan ahead
• persevere in the face of adversity
• execution and timing are central
• There is the initial plan, the
execution of the plan, the project
team (in this case the chess pieces),
the monitoring and controlling of the
progress Execution and timing-
critical in the field
• Both involve planning, strategy, and
• Need to perform best considering
the situation. You do not expect the
rook to play like a horse
• You cannot change the functions of
your pieces, you can only take
advantage of their strengths.
• Spending time trying to change a
person can be futile compared to
discovering his strengths and
capitalizing on them
• Benefit by just a little bit of process
and risk management- issues in the
form of risks that have to be
addressed in order to reach a
• following the process-developing the
pieces, controlling the center of the
board, eliminating risks, and
maintaining the tempo - the very
same things that make for a
successful project outcome
Badshah-The Best Manager (King)
• The tallest man on the board, the Best Manager is
generally a combination of sheer talent, skills and aura.
• The most crucial factor in winning any game, he is no
less than the king ( , ) the most important piece in♔ ♚
• Seemingly docile, he rarely makes his strategies obvious
until the endgame, for which he reserves the most
decisive and lethal moves.
• The slaying of the Badshah would mean the lose of the
Wazir Nama, Chronicling the
Business Quiz (Minister)
• Royal advisor
• the most powerful piece in the game of chess
• Strength-ability to take the war head on with his
intellectual , brain-numbing prowess
• attack in all possible directions, move any
number of squares- unlimtied potential , well-
equipped to execute decisions
• This Wazir is less restricted and more powerful
even in closed stress full positions
Aufinara- The Menacing Marketer
• the bishop-unambiguously ecclesiastical figure.
• Most influential on the floor, our bishop makes his
presence felt on the scene.
• Innovatively addresses specific areas and segments of
marketing, much like the bishop and his quirky diagonal
• Confidently captures the game by occupying the square
on which an opposing force works.
Faras- The HR manager
• The knight ( ) is a piece in♘ ♞
the game of chess, representing an
• always be close to where the action is,
• best used on areas of the board where the
opponents pieces are clustered or close
Rukh-The Warrior of Finance
• In the same league as the Wazir, the Rukh
is a heavy piece
• Strength lies in it’s value-same as that of
• Render the participating team with some
advantage by being an significant,
indispensible resource to the organization.
• Forms a powerful base by his very
presence in the team
• Acts as a buffer during a crisis by
managing the money flow in the org.
Treasure hunt-sepahi (Pawn)
• The pawn ( ) is the most numerous,♙♟
historically representing infantry.
• Strength lies in their number.
Do not move backwards-do-or-die
Advancing a single square-moving one
step at a time.
Guarda las diapositivas más importantes con los recortes.
Los recortes son una forma práctica de recopilar y organizar las diapositivas más importantes de una presentación. Puedes guardar tus magníficos descubrimientos en tableros de recortes organizados por temas.