LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
A Comparison of the Advertising Agencies
• DDB Mudra Group
• Grey Group Advertising
• Percept Pictures
• Ogilvy & Mather
The Advertising Agencies
• We want to be the leading
group in the country by
DDB Mudra Group
• In the days of Doordarshan, newly-available color TVs religiously
played a handful of tele-serials and entertainment programs that
were intermittently interrupted by advertisements. Not many can
forget ‘I love you Rasna’, Dhara, Shudh Dhara and Only Vimal.
These home-grown brands became household names, thanks to the
• Mudra also brought international brands like McDonalds and
Samsung to India. In no time, Mudra rose to join the ranks of the top
five companies in the advertising industry. Brand Mudra quickly
became a force to reckon with.
CEO & MD: Madhukar Kamath
• Total Advertising Services : Strategic planning, creative
development and media services for advertising, particularly in
television, newspapers, magazines and radio; providing the best
creative designed to capture the imagination of consumers.
• Marketing Services: Provision of a number of advertising related
services, including sales promotion, market research, PR and event
• E-Solution Services : e-solution services, including system integration
services, e-business consulting and customer relationship
management (CRM), Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search
Engine Optimization (SEO) and e-promotions using the Internet and
• Content Business: Sales of sponsorship, broadcasting and other
rights, and the production and marketing of such media / content
as sporting events, films, TV programs, animated content, music and
other forms of entertainment.
• Integrated Media Services: Bringing value to both clients and
media-related companies by offering a wide range of media
• Integrated Branding Services: Assuring clients the highest quality of
branding services for their communication needs.
• A global advertising and marketing agency with headquarters in
New York City.
• Organized into four geographical units: North America; Europe,
Middle East & Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
• As a unit of communications conglomerate WPP Group, Grey
Global Group operates branded independent business units in
many communications disciplines including: advertising, direct
marketing, public relations, public affairs, brand
development, customer relationship management, sales
promotion, interactive marketing — through its subsidiaries: Grey,
G2, GHG, GCI Group, MediaCom Worldwide, Alliance, G WHIZ, and
Grey Group Advertising
• Shopper Marketing
• James R. Heekin III became chairman and CEO of Grey Group in January 2007,
after leading Grey, the company’s global advertising arm, since 2005. Under his
leadership, Grey has enjoyed the most successful years in its history, adding over
$1 billion in new business and producing such award-winning campaigns as the
ETrade baby and Ellen DeGeneres for CoverGirl.
• Ad Age named Grey to its prestigious A-List of the world’s best agencies and Fast
Company named Grey to its “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World.” Earlier
in his career, Jim served as chairman and CEO of EuroRSCG Worldwide, McCann-
Erickson WorldGroup and McCann-Erickson Worldwide.
• A graduate of Williams College, Jim served previously on the board of directors for
JWT, the Interpublic Group of Companies, The American Association of
Advertising Agencies and the Ad Council.
• A fourth-generation Irish American whose father’s family came from Co. Donegal,
Jim says that he has been “proud to witness and be a small part of the rise of the
Irish in America and the transformation of Ireland.”
The CEO: James Heekin
• Procter & Gamble
• British American Tobacco
• Established in 2002, Percept Pictures is
India’s first fully integrated Content
Creation, Aggregation and
Distribution Company. With expertise
in producing Motion Pictures,
Television Software, Film Distribution
and Marketing, Ad Film Production,
Corporate Films, Live Events and
Special Projects, Percept Pictures is
equipped to meet the content needs
of both consumers and clients alike.
• Vision: To be the preferred solutions provider in the entertainment,
media & communications domain globally
• Mission: To create and build enduring relationships with all our
• Values: Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork & Excellence
1. Marketing Communication Services
• Creative Services – Advertising, Brand Marketing Consultancy &
Communications, Corporate Identity, Strategy, Creative, Design &
Packaging, and Integrated Marketing Communication Consultancy
• Media Services – Media Planning, Buying & Representation; Outdoor
Media; Retail Media; Rural Media; and Digital Advertising Media.
• Other Marco Services – Experiential & Entertainment Marketing;
Sports Management & Marketing; Incentives, Conferences &
Exhibitions Management; Wedding Management; Event
Management & Marketing; Celebrity Endorsements & Talent
Management; Entertainment Branding & Marketing; Branded
Entertainment; Brand Activations & Promotions; Public & Media
Relations, and Social Media Marketing.
3 Core Business Domains
• Filmed Content – Ad Films; Television and Movie Content Production,
Aggregation, Distribution & Marketing
• Non Film Intellectual Properties – Intellectual Properties in the Live
Entertainment domain encompassing Music, Dance, Fashion and
• Digital & Mobile VAS – new media domain including Intellectual
Properties in the Digital Media and Mobile Value Added Services
domain, Digital Content delivery and Distribution
• Ogilvy & Mather: an international advertising, marketing and public
relations agency based in Manhattan, and is a WPP company. It
operates 450 offices in 161 cities of 120 countries worldwide with
approximately 18,000 employees.
• The 2013 Google India advertisement (created by Ogilvy & Mather
India) Reunion (about the Partition of India) has had a strong impact
in both India and Pakistan, leading to hope for the easing of travel
restrictions between the two countries. It went viral and was viewed
more than 1.6 million times before officially debuting on television on
November 15, 2013.
Ogilvy & Mather
• Miles Young (born 1954) is the Worldwide Chairman and CEO of the
international advertising, marketing and public relations
agency Ogilvy & Mather. Young's career in advertising has spanned
Lintas, Allen Brady & Marsh and Ogilvy & Mather, which he joined in
• In 1995, Young was appointed Chairman of Asia Pacific at Ogilvy &
Mather Worldwide. He has been CEO of Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide
since 2008, and CEO of the Ogilvy Group since 2009. He has been
the Chairman of the Board and Director of Ogilvy & Mather SAS
• Young is a co-founder of the Ogilvy-Tsinghua Programme for Public
Branding, a joint venture with Tsinghua University, Beijing, and is a
member of the Advisory Board of Tsinghua University. He is a visiting
Professor of Xiamen University and of the Wanli Ningbo University.
CEO: Miles Young
• Vimal as its first client: This is the brand that launched Mudra on its
tryst with destiny. What began with sarees, moved towards suiting's,
shirting's and dress materials. The advertisement was designed in
such a way that consumer will be delighted to use premium &
• Rasna launched a soft drink concentrate with a range of nine
flavours on a platform that offered both taste and economy. The
advertisement symbolizes freshness and naturalness which
improved product acceptability among customers as ads is
endorsed by kids it establishes the trustworthiness among customers.
DDB Mudra Group
• Mudra's relationship with Paras Pharmaceuticals began in 1987,
going on to build brands like Moov, Itch guard, Dermicool, Livon
and Recova.The advertisement was made in such a way that show
• Mudra spread its wings - Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad
operations commenced. In 1990, Nestle walked in as the first MNC
client. Mudra launches new campaign of Nestle kitkat, uses
animation for the first time in India. It urges busy youngsters to take a
break and notice the fun events in their surroundings.
• McDonald's has taken a big leap in the consumer's mind. The
change of perception was made possible through a carefully
executed communication plan that also complemented the
strategic changes in pricing and menu; leading to an almost
perfect example of a successfully executed campaign.
How does a youthful brand meaningfully engage with aging consumers? By
choosing 50-year-old Ellen DeGeneres to introduce their Simply Ageless foundation.
The challenge was to break out of the ‘teen only’ target and reach aging
consumers in an engaging and meaningful way. They realised that women across
America only respond to outer beauty if there’s inner beauty to back it
up. Therefore, the best solution was Ellen DeGeneres, Cover Girl – the inspired
pairing of a 50-year-old comedienne and talk show host with CoverGirl’s Simply
Ageless foundation for mature skin.
The results are the fact that Simply Ageless foundation is now the #1 foundation in
the mass cosmetics category in terms of both dollar and volume share. And the free
media exposure has been astonishing: Ellen has mentioned the brand more than 25
times on her daytime television show.
Grey Group Advertising
The challenge: The Project Imaginat10n photo contest, in partnership with Oscar –
winning director Ron Howard, catapulted Canon ahead of Nikon to live in the #1
spot. The challenge here was to keep up the momentum and maintain market
position. They realised that they don’t need to be a film professional to make a
movie and anyone can sit in the director’s chair. Hence, the solution where they
turned the Canon’s photo contest into an entire film festival, enlisting five celebrity
first – time directors and five consumers to direct films under the auspices of Ron
Howard, all inspired by imaginative photos.
The aim was to increase the overall app download therefore, the grabbed the
attention of the avid NFL fans with a piece of entertaining content, instead of a
traditional commercial. This was done digitally ie online video and via twitter
leading to 6.5 mm views in less than a week.
A strategic vision does not define a company's success - its people
do. At Percept, they provide their people a creative, collaborative
environment that encourages initiative, drive and a sense of
professional fulfilment. Percept Limited has worked diligently to
ensure independent thought and input from all levels of the
organization, essential to the organization's survival.
their people are the growth engine of this organization and have
helped define what Percept is today. As Perceptites, they help
clients achieve their targets, and change the rules of the contest, by
taking approaches that go beyond the conventional. They work
with their clients, right from the idea generation to planning,
execution, and change thereon.
• With a corporate culture based on Creativity and Innovation, they
endeavour to practice “something new, something different”
everyday, and have established a commendable position in the
Entertainment, Media and Communications industry.
D’Damas picks Sonakshi Sinha as its new face:
• The diamond jewellery brand launches new campaign
conceptualized by Percept/H to take its brand positioning forward.
D’Damas, one of India’s leading diamond jewellery brands
announced the stunning bollywood beauty Sonakshi Sinha as the
new face of the brand. D’damas, which is the only brand in the
country having distinct sub-brands, also unveiled its new campaign.
It takes the brands current positioning of ‘Celebrate Always’ forward
with a fresh and more relevant execution and imagery, personified
by Sonakshi Sinha. The campaign is conceptualized by Percept/H.
• D’damas sub-brands caters to the moments like marriage, special
occasions and religious or for pure indulgence. It thus gives its
consumers not only ample choice to select from the wide range but
also possibilities to own more diamond jewellery to celebrate all
moments and make each moment of one’s life really special. The
campaign revolves around the memorable moments of one’s life,
both of the ordinary, everyday kind as well as the special once-in-a
lifetime ones such as experiencing the first rays of the sun emerging
through darkness, the unique experience of being a bride, enjoying
the merriment at festivals like Diwali. Whatever the moment ordinary
or special D’Damas will add a sparkle to your joy and add to your
celebration to make those moments live on!
• David Ogilvy’s Idea of advertising was simple and clean.
• But to compete in today's world O&M makes their Ads according to
• Some of the famous ad campaigns done by O&M in India are:
• Vodafone – zoo zoo campaign
• Sprite - sidi baat no bakwas
• Google - India Pakistan reunion add
• KFC - its finger licking good
Ogilvy & Mather
• Rolls Royce – At the speed of 60kmph the loudest noise you will hear
will be of your watch.
• Fanta – Fanta Animated skateboard ad
• Cadbury – a case where there was a bug found out in Cadbury
chocolates affected the sales of Cadbury by 30%. O&M helped the
company to restore customer’s confidence back into Cadbury