2. WHO CREATED THE RADIO?
• There were many people who were involved in the creation
of the radio, for example the Scottish physicist James Clerk
Maxwell who predicted the existence of radio waves.
• Gugliegmo Marconi was an Italian inventor, and was (at first)
credited with the invention of the radio, but he was later
proven to have used 17 of Nikola Tesla's patents. In 1943,
the radio patent by a vote by the United States Congress
was reversed and given to Nikola Tesla.
• Overall, the inventor of the radio is still undecided
depending on people’s personal views.
• Although, I believe that it was Gugliegmo because he was
the one that bought the radio together and accomplished
3. GUGLIELMO MARCONI (1874-1937)
• Is an Italian inventor, who proved the feasibility of
• He sent and received his first radio signal in Italy in
• By 1899 he flashed the first wireless signal across the
English Channel and two years later received the
letter "S", telegraphed from England to
Newfoundland. This was the first successful
transatlantic radiotelegraph message in 1902.
• He was inspired by Heinrich Hertz who was interested
in sound waves, which gave him the chance to take
things further. As well as using ideas from others
that tried to further the knowledge of using the
4. NIKOLA TELSA(1856-1943)
• Nikola Tesla was born in 1856 in Smiljan Lika, Croatia.
• Nikola Tesla created a basic design for radio. On
November 8, 1898 he patented a radio controlled robot-
• Tesla's robot-boat was constructed with an antenna, Tesla
changed the boat's direction, with manually operated
controls on the command post. This was the first
application of radio waves and made the news!
• Tesla is now credited with inventing modern radio, since
the Supreme Court overturned Guglielmo Marconi’s
patent in 1943 in favour of Nikola Tesla's earlier patents.
Although, many people still don’t remember Nikola’s
work within the radio.
5. WHAT WAS THE RADIO USED IN THAT
• The radio back in that time was used for
soldiers to communicate.
• It was also used for scientific topics such as
space, physics, discoveries, earth, NASA.
• These were the main choices of the topics on
the radio, because it was a way of trying to
improve the inventions all ready being
made, because of the technical knowledge.