Millennials. Ready or not, here they come.
Otherwise known as Generation Y, those born between 1982 and 2003 are a force whose dominating presence and behavior (everywhere, but especially in the workforce) will define American life and culture in the next decade and beyond...
To get the most out of the millennials (or anyone for that matter) try the following:
- Hire those who fit your unique culture
- Understand their goals
- Solicit and listen to their ideas
- Ask what they would like to get out of their career and then make it happen
- Lead and mentor, don’t hand hold
- Loosen up and nurture fun
And most importantly, like with all employees, it's imperative to make sure that millennials feel valued in the workplace.