LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Capital One Card Lab Connect IDEA League Case Study
What is Capital One
Card Lab Connect?
A free credit card affinity
program that allows you to:
• Create custom credit card designs with your logo
• Market the credit card to your supporters
• Let donors support you simply by completing their
everyday shopping & purchasing
Who is IDEA League?
• IDEA League stands for International Dravet Syndrome
Epilepsy Action League.
• We are a volunteer-based organization that was founded by
parents of children with Dravet Syndrome, a progressive
childhood neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by
severe epilepsy that does not respond well to treatment.
• IDEA Leagues seeks to promote research and education for
the early diagnosis, appropriate treatment, and cure of Dravet
Why Credit Card Fundraising?
With Capital One Card Lab Connect, IDEA sought to:
– Provide a new way to support our organization for parents of
children with the disease who are financially strapped because
– Increase awareness and word of mouth exposure for Dravet
Syndrome, a rare disease.
– Provide a tangible way for an engaged network of parents and
professionals to show their pride in their work with IDEA League.
IDEA League used a combination of online and offline promotion,
in addition to word-of-mouth marketing via our supporters.
• Online Placements
– Homepage of Website
– Supporter Websites
– Mailing list of 600 families
– Monthly Newsletter
– Member forum (~900+ people)
– Encouraged members to forward
– Flyers at events and conferences
• Prominent website promotion
• Compelling photos
• Positive messaging on the card image
“Everyone has been really positive. We got a lot of good feedback on the card designs we offered and
people were excited to have the opportunity to participate.”
– IDEA League
Sample Supporter Site
• IDEA League supporters were effective at recruiting participants
• The organization provided suggested copy and links for supporter
IDEA League Supporters Say the Card is
the Ultimate Story Teller
“The Capital One card is another excellent way to raise
awareness for our children and our cause. [At a recent event]
the "buzz phrase" was "just talk about it." I think that the credit
card is another way to start talking about Dravet syndrome and
epilepsy. My thought is that if you keep on talking about your
individual story you never know who might step up to help our
cause….We had so many friends, family and complete strangers
come forward and offer assistance to us.”
-Lisa S., mother of Haley who struggles with Dravet
Syndrome and uses her IDEA League Capital One
Card to tell her daughter’s story.
• IDEA League created a permanent area within their
newsletter for the affinity offer.
• They provided updates with the total donations
through the credit card program.
“We explained how this was a simple and effortless way to donate, as well as get ‘Dravet syndrome’ out
there and known to people who would otherwise not come across it.”
– IDEA League
• Activate your board members, volunteers and
especially your supporters
– Parents of children with the disease were the most
• Keep everyone updated with the success of the
– Members like to be part of a larger group doing good.
• Materials from Capital One make the program
– Materials were straight forward and the credit card
offer is something that makes sense to a wide
"The proceeds from our pilot
program allowed us to
sponsor a much-needed
education program with
neurologists at Miami
Visit www.cardlabconnect.com to
learn more or enroll your nonprofit
in Capital One Card Lab Connect