There is a project report of on sun tracking solar panel with auto dust cleaning system.
There is very usefull for those student which are make a project on solar tracker and autu dust cleaning systen.
sachin kumarStudent at SHRI SIDDHI VINAYAK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, NAINITAL ROAD, BAREILLY
Sun trackin solar panel with auto dust cleaning system
1. SACHIN KUMAR (1447440104)
ANUJ KUMAR (1447440020)
KESHAV CHAUHAN (1447440058)
(B.TECH FINAL YEAR)
DR. SUDHAKAR JAIN
SOLAR TRACKING SYSTEM
MAIN HARDWARE COMPONENT
DUST CLEANING SYSTEM
WORKING OF MODEL
3. Solar cells are becoming extremely popular for
utilizing energy .
So many solar panels have been installed all over
the world and most of them are stable.
Many researches were conducted to
develop some methods to increase the efficiency of
4. Now the problem arises that the sun
Solar panels are stationary and do
not follow the movement of the sun
and hence cannot obtain maximum
sun light throughout the day
5. The objective of this project is to control the
position of a solar panel in accordance with
the motion of sun.
The main objective of this project is to catch
maximum solar radiation from the sun, and
increase the efficiency solar panel.
6. A Solar tracker is a device used for
orienting asolar PV panel by using
LDR sensors connected with the
By this PV panel get maximum
intensity of sun light
8. Convert solar energy to electricity.
Its made up of a number of solar cells
connected in series internally.
Based on photo voltaic effect.
Specification : 0.7Watt
Length - 7CM
Cell material – silicon crystal
9. LDR sensor are used for detect the
intensity of light.
In our project two LDR sensor are
10. 3. DC MOTOR
Its an electromechanical device which converts
electrical pulse in to mechanical shaft rotation.
It can drive one rotation in many steps.
In our project two stepper motors are
6V DC moter
11. It is a brain of the system
A control unit handles all
processor control signals
Relay circuit are used as a
Cost of control unit
12. In this project we are used wiper for cleaning
solar plate automatically.
By this system we make the life of this plate
longer then other plates.
Increase efficiency of solar plate approx 20%
Stepper motor 12v
15. The system focuses on the controller design where the
system is able to track the maximum intensity of Sunlight.
When the intensity of Sunlight is decreasing, this system
automatically changes its direction to get maximum
intensity of Sunlight.
LDR sensor is used to track the sunlight by detecting
brightness level of Sunlight.
While to rotate the appropriate position of the panel, a
DC motor is used.
17. S.No Component Component details Quantity Unit cost(in
Total (in Rs.)
1. LED Light emitting diode 2 5.00 10.00
2. Resistors 10k,470 ohm 7 3.00 21.00
3. Diode 1n4007 6 3.00 18.00
4. Stepper motor 12v 2 120.00 240.00
5. Switch Two pin 1 10.00 10.00
6. Voltage regulator IC 7812 2 23.00 46.00
7. Transistor 7513 5 10.00 50.00
8. Relay 5 35.00 175.00
9. AC Adapter 12v 1 250.00 250.00
10. LDRs GL5528 2 90.00 180.00
11. Solar panel 0.75w 1 85.00 85.00
12. Wires simple 3 15.00 45.00
13. PCB Printed circuit board 1 15 15
14. switches 3 4.00 12.00
18. Maximum utilization of solar energy.
Max. solar energy saving
It is clean and emission free power production.
External power supply is not required.
Increase 40% efficiency of solar power plant.
19. Street lights
International space station
These can be used in home to power the appliances
using solar power.
These can be used in industries as more energy can be
saved by rotating the panel.