• Hydroponics is a method of growing plants in
nutrient-enriched water and without soil.
COUNTRIES USING HYDROPONICS SYSTEM OF FARMING
• United States Of America
• South Africa
• United Kingdom
Following are some of the advantages of using
• Higher yield.
• Controlled level of nutrition.
• Plants are healthier, and they mature faster.
• Weeds can be easily eliminated.
• Susceptibility to pests and diseases is negligible.
• Automation is possible.
• Expensive to set up. Compared to a traditional
garden, a hydroponics system is more expensive to
acquire and build. ...
• Vulnerable to power outages. ...
• Requires constant monitoring and maintenance. ...
• Waterborne diseases. ...
• Problems affect plants quicker.
• Aeroponics is a method of growing plants without soil. Instead, roots
are suspended in the air and irrigated with a nutrient-dense mist.
COUNTRIES USING AERPONICS
DISADVANTAGES OF USING
AEROPONIC SYSTEM OF
• The biggest advantage of aeroponics is that roots
are exposed to air, thus there is never an issue of
insufficient oxygen. Its disadvantages are high initial
construction costs, high maintenance of the system,
and high level of technical knowledge required.