LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Question 4- How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation?
Question 4- how did you use media
technologies in the construction
and research, planning and
By Sasha Sefuke
• Da Font is a website which hosts downloads
for a variety of fonts, which I found very useful
when it came to editing my print production
pieces, rather than using the universal fonts
provided by Photoshop.
• Facebook allowed me to create an online
focus group, in which I made to get audience
feedback for my coursework.
• I was able to upload posts and videos and get
my friends I invited to the group to talk about
• It allowed me to be interactive with my
• YouTube was a useful piece of technology when it came to
researching and planning my music video. I used it for many things,
Looking up past A2 music videos for inspiration.
To look up songs that do not have a music video.
Looking up official music videos of artists in the same genre as my
chosen genre to see what key conventions they used, and other
genres of music videos in case I wanted my music video theme to
be entropic rather than redundant.
To look up clips from films or music videos to help me decide
whether I wanted to use intertextual references in my music video.
When I was researching music videos to see if the lyrics and the
visuals were illustrative, amplifying or contradicting.
• Blogger was useful to me because it abled me
to document and present all my coursework
easily in one place
• I was able to post videos, write information
about my progress and post my research and
• Blogger also has a handy app for
smartphones, which made it easier to post
any of coursework anytime and anywhere
• Timetoast helped me create a timeline for the
planning of my coursework
• It abled me to be organised and to plan what
to do and when.
• In addition, it can be posted on blogger, which
was helpful, rather than having to go onto
timetoast and find it on my account.
• Premiere pro is what I used to edit my music video
• This editing program made life so much easier when it came to
editing, as you could edit any part of your video on the timeline,
unlike in the past when they had time machine linear editing which
didn’t allow you to edit bit by bit, you had to put whatever you had
into the machine and that was it.
• Unlike some editing programs, Premiere pro doesn’t have
premade/default effects, you are in control of how much of the
effects you want and make it your own.
• Tools that I found useful were the mirror and the horizontal flip
effects which was located in the transform option, and the trim
function helped me split and trim down clips on my timeline.
• The Nikon D60 is a Digital Single-Lens Reflex
(DSLR) camera, was used to practice taking
pictures for the planning and final print
• The functions that came in handy were the auto
focus portrait which helped me change the
shallow depth of field in the background and
focus on the main object, the zoom, the ISO
helped me adjust the exposure, the shutter speed
function helped me keep the pictures in focus
and create different effects with the camera.
Panasonic Full HD Camera
• The Panasonic Full HD Camera was used to
film the final production.
• The functions I found useful where the lighting
change option to match the lighting of the
surroundings I was filming in.
• The zoom helped me create close ups rather
than filming up close.
• Google was exceptionally useful for many
• For doing my research and planning, whether
it was looking for inspiration, pictures and
videos for my research, to looking up the
history of music videos and tutorials for
Premiere Pro and Photoshop when it came to
editing my video and print productions.
• I found that using pinterest was because it
helped me create a moodboard of pictures
from any website on the internet.
• It has a default layout that is easy to look at
and presents the pictures in a online portfolio,
therefore it helped me avoid making my
moodboard look too busy and presentable.