LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
• A hologram is an object like any other object in the real world, with only one difference:
instead of being made of physical matter, a hologram is made entirely of light.
• Holographic objects can be viewed from different angles and distances, just like physical
objects, but they do not offer any physical resistance when touched or pushed because
they don’t have any mass.
• Holograms can be two-dimensional, like a piece of paper or a TV screen, or they can be
three-dimensional, just like other physical objects in your real world.
What is a hologram?
• While we’ve made incredible advances as an industry in the way in which we interact
with computers, we are still constrained by the need to conform to the ways computers
recognize our commands through mouse clicks or by touching a screen.
• Using holograms, you can pin your digital content, such as apps, information, and even
multi-dimensional videos, in the physical space around you, so you can interact with
them in the same ways that you interact with other physical objects.
Why would anyone want hologram in real world?
• Microsoft HoloLens is the first holographic computer running Windows 10. It is
completely untethered – no wires, phones, or connection to a PC needed. Microsoft
HoloLens allows you to pin holograms in your physical environment and provides a new
way to see your world
What is Microsoft HoloLens?
• Microsoft HoloLens features see-through, holographic, high-definition lenses and spatial
sound so you can see and hear holograms in the world around you.
• Complete with advanced sensors and a new Holographic Processing Unit (HPU) that
understands the world around you, Microsoft HoloLens is able to run without any wires
while processing terabytes of data from the sensors in real-time.
How does it work?
• Windows 10 is the first platform to support holographic computing with APIs that enable
gesture and environmental understanding on an untethered device.
• With Windows 10, holograms are Windows universal apps, and all Windows universal
apps work as holograms.
• Holograms in Windows 10 will lead to entirely new ways for us to communicate, create,
What does it mean to have holograms in Windows 10?
• Holographic experiences with Microsoft HoloLens are different from existing
experiences, such as virtual reality (VR).
• With VR, the user is completely immersed in a computer-generated reality, or virtual
• While immersed in a virtual world, users are best advised to stay seated or keep still to
avoid collisions with physical objects they cannot see in the real world.
How is it different from other VR technologies?
• Now, some people might say that it’s a competitive technology to Google Glass.
• But, In reality, HoloLens is completely different from Google Glass.
• Google’s Glass is a wearable technology with an optical head mounted display (OHMD).
• It displays information like a smartphone in a hands-free format.
• What it does is that it communicates with our natural voice commands and displays the
Google search accordingly on your glass.
• Then, there is Sony’s Project Morpheus, HTC’s Vive, Samsung’s Gear VR (and there may
be more that I am unaware of). They are set to release in market by 2016.
• Microsoft HoloLens runs on Windows 10, so developers building on Windows 10 will
already know how to build for Microsoft HoloLens from a platform perspective.
• Having this same foundation means that developers will be familiar with the tools and
benefits of the Windows Store.
• The best way to get started is to become familiar with Windows 10 by joining the
Windows Insider Program.
• Next, register for Build 2015. At Build, you’ll learn more about how to get started
designing and developing for Microsoft HoloLens, receive details on the SDK, and meet
members of our engineering team.
What now? How do I develop apps for it?