1. “FISH MARKET CHANALAND WOMEN’s PARTICIPATION IN
FISH MARKET, CHHATARPUR DISTRICT, MADHYAPRDESH ”
For the fulfillments of the requirement for the award of degree of
Master of Fisheries Science,
Department of Zoology and Applied Aquaculture,
Barkatullah University, Bhopal (M. P)
UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF
Dr. VIPIN VYAS
CO-GUIDANCE OF SHADAB SIDDIQUI
Department of Zoology and Applied Aquaculture, Barkatullah
Bhopal – 462026, MADHYA PRADESH, INDIA
• Fisheries and aquaculture is one of the fastest-growing industries in the
world and has been playing and important role in the economic
development front on account of its contribution to food and nutritional
security ,national income ,employment opportunities as well as
generating livelihood options .
• Fish market is a place where fish and fish products of commercial
importance are subjected to sale. Regulation of fish production and
consumption through sale is known as fish marketing which is integrated
part of fish industry. The new marketing techniques have been adopted so
as to sell more fish not only in local areas but also in distant and interior
• Chhatarpur district in north MP is characterized by thick alluvial soil,
moderately good rainfall, high humidity, ample sunshine and numerous
water recourses form of perennial rivers, tributaries, include several
species of commercially important fishes.
• Study Area Chhatarpur, Madhya Pradesh.
• Data Collection and Fish Identification.
• To study Fish Market Chanel.
• Fish Species food in Different Market of Chhatarpur.
• Price Policy.
• To study of the Gender participation.
5. MATERIAL & METHODS:
This study was conduct in
Chhatarpur district in month of
October 2021 to January
2022.Chhatarpur is a oldest district
of Madhya Pradesh. This is district
is famous for its traditional Bundeli
S.No. Station MARKET
1. Badamalehra fish
Sun, Wed Chhata
2. Nowgong fish
3. Shastri chowk fish
Data collection is the component in any types of experiment or research
work. Various process of data are collected such primary data and
secondary data collection.
The data which are collected directly by an investigator for the first time
for a specific purpose are called as primary data.
6. • SECONDARY DATA:-
Secondary data are one of the most important
component of the experimental work. Secondary data
were collected by various research papers .
Fish Species Composition in the market :-
Form the study it was observed the the dominant
protein of the market following carps 50% ,shrimp
&Prawn 20% ,catfish 8% ,Tilapia 10% and other
species 12% represented species
8. S.no. Order Family Species
1. Cypriniformes Cyprindae Catla-catla
2. Perciformes Chandidae Channa marulius
S.no. Species name Order Family Source Economic Value
1. Labeo bata Cypriniformes cyprindae Madhyapradesh Labeo bata is in great demand in the market because
of its high nutritional value and good taste. This fish
contain about 15.42% of protein and 3.73% of lipid.
2. Ompakbimaculatus Siluriformes Bagridae Bihar It is great demand and market price on account of its
good test, flavour and invigorating effect.
3. Hypophthalmichthysmolitrix Cypriniformes Cyprindae Uttarpradesh Silver carp are becoming increasing popular source of
food. They are also commonly used to clear algal
4. Cirrhinusmrigala Cypriniformes Cyprindae Bihar Used as aquaculture species. Used as food fish. Often
used as game fish in Bangladesh but widely used in
other countries. Always marketed in fresh condition.
5. Anguilla anguilla Anguillaformes Anguilidae Bihar This fish is both a food source and a predator of
organism in their ecosystem. They are consumed by
birds and large predatory fish.
6. Hypophthalmichthysnobilis Cypriniformes Cyprindae Kathalwari This fish are consumed fresh in china, as well as most
other countries. Most of the production is marketed
fresh, either as whole fish species.
7. Cyprinuscarpio Cypriniformes Cyprindae West Bengal Carp are important food fish throughout most of the
world except for in Australia and North America
where the fish is considered unpalatable.
9. WOMEN’S PARTICIPATION IN FISH MARKET:
1.Gender Participation:- 1.Woman Income in Fish Market 2. Men’s Income in Fish Market
The study reveals about major finding if socio-
economic condition of fisherman communities of a
selected reach of fish market . The traditional fishing
communities are important components in the
reverie`n capture fishery sector
Discussing with local fisherman community it was
found that there is need to organize the community
in the form of co-operative society a community
based organization which will play as a medium
between local authority and fisherman community and
make proper management policies, provide, financial,
technical social support market and reasonable rates
for their catch.
• Ahmad M, Rob A, Bilbao M P .Household socioeconomic resources
use and fish marketing in two than as in Bangladesh. 1993: ICLARM
Tech .Red, 40.82PP.
• Ahmad N, Rah man MM.A Study on fish marketing system in
Guipure, Bangladesh, Pak .j.Biol.2008:8(2):287-292.
• Ahmed, F, M, H Rahman and Begus (2006) Role of NGO in
upgrading status of rural women: evidences from RDRS Programmers
in the selected are of Bangladesh Bangladesh Journal of Training and
development pp. 31-35
• BBS 1998 “Statistical Yearbook of Bangladesh,(1997) Bangladesh
Bureau of Statistics, Statistics Division, Ministry of Planning,
Government, of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh, Dhaka,
• Balloon , M E Dank R. Areal (1999) Socioeconomic and Industry
Profile of selected fishing communities in Miaagao Itoilo, National
aquatic resources and Development system(NARRDS),pp; 416