Liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry
1) Most frequently used technique in the field of bioanalysis.
2) Components of a complex mixture must be detected and identified.
3) LC-MS is frequently used in drug development at many different
- peptide mapping,
- glycoprotein mapping,
- natural products de-replication,
- in vivo drug screening,
- impurity identification,
-quantitative bio-analysis and quality control
High performance thin layer chromatography
1) Used in analyzing the purity and efficacy of many
pharmaceutical preparations and dosage forms.
2) It is also an ideal screening tool for adulterations.
3) HPTLC is used for purity control of chemicals,
pesticides, steroids, and water analysis.
4) Phytochemical analysis, biomedical analysis, herbal
7. GAS CHROMATOGRAPHY
1) Qualitative analysis :
a) By comparing the retention times/volumes of the
unknown with the standard.
b) By comparing the individual components.
2) Quantitative analysis :
- depends upon the fact that the area unde a single
component peak is proportional to quantity of the detected
8. 3) Miscellaneous :
a) Detection of steroids
b) Analysis of foods
c) Separation & identification of lipids, proteins,
carbohydrates, vitamins, pesticides .
d) Analysis of dairy products
e) Separation & identification of volatile materials like
plastics, natural & synthetic polymers.
Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry
1) Sports anti-doping analysis
-GC-MS is the main tool used in sports anti-doping laboratories
to test athletes' urine samples for prohibited performance-
e.g. anabolic steroids
2) Food, beverage and perfume analysis.
3) Law enforcement
-GC-MS is increasingly used for detection of illegal narcotics.
10. 4) Separation & identification of degradation products of
organic & organometallics making the elucidation of their
5) Diagnosis of inborn errors of metabolism in New borns.
11. Supercritical Fluid
SFC is used in industry primarily for separation of chiral
SFC is now commonly used for achiral separations and
purifications in the pharmaceutical industry.
Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography
1. LOW SAMPLE CONSUMPTION
2. TIME SAVING
3. DRUG DISCOVERY
4. ANALYSIS OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESIDUES
5. SEPARTION OF AMINO ACID