LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
• the uneasy or painfulMeaning of sensation caused by want‘Hunger’ of food; craving appetite. Also the exhausted condition caused by want of food. • a strong desire or craving
Meaning of • the want or scarcity of‘WORLD food in a countryHunger’
• 870 million people do not have enough to eat. • 98% of the worlds undernourished people live World in developing countries.Hunger • Two-thirds of the worlds hungry live in just 7 Facts countries: Bangladesh, China, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia and Pakistan.
• Asia and the Pacific: 578 millionWhere ishunger the • Sub-Saharan Africa:worst? 239 million • Latin America and the Caribbean: 53 million
• 60 percent of the worlds hungry are women. • 50 percent of pregnant women in developingWomen countries lack proper maternal care, resultingand in over 300,000Children maternal deaths annually from childbirth. • 1 out of 6 infants are born with a low birth weight in developing countries.
• Malnutrition is the key factor contributing to more than one-third of all global child deaths resulting in 2.6 millionWomen deaths per year.and • A third of all childhood death in sub-SaharanChildren Africa is caused by hunger. • Every five seconds, a child dies from hunger- related diseases.
Number One Risk to Health - Today, almost one person in six does not get enough food to be healthy and lead an active life, making hunger and malnutrition the number one risk to health worldwide - greater than AIDS,Hunger malaria and tuberculosis combined. There is also the hiddenEffects hunger of micronutrient deficiencies which make people weak to infectious diseases, impair physical and mental development, reduce their labour productivity and increase the risk of premature death.
• World Vision Famine Camp – The 30-Hour Famine is an international, hunger-fighting programme which began in theHunger United States in 1992, and isActions sponsored by World Vision. The Famine is aimed at empowering young people all over the world to raise funds and heighten public awareness in a collective effort to help eradicate world hunger and poverty.
• Action Against Hunger (ACF International) - AAH is a globalorganization committed to ending world hunger. Recognized as a leader in theHunger fight, ACF works to save the lives of malnourished childrenActions while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. ACF runs life-saving programs in over 40 countries benefitting some five million people each year.
• 157,000 Undernourished Brought Back to Health- From providing lifesaving therapeutic interventions to children on the brink of death, to giving mobile care to undernourished pregnant and nursing mothers and to children on their road to recovery • 662,000 Benefit from Water, Sanitation, & Hygiene Initiatives- In 2012 we slashed waterborneACF’s disease rates by providing access to clean and safe drinking water, how to maintain good hygiene in all areas of their lives.Impact 550,000 People See Self-Sufficiency Restored - Action Against Hunger helps millions get back on their feet each year, and 2012 was no different with over half a million people assisted across Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, D.R. Congo andPakistan alone.
Donate?May help alot ofpeople! AND WASTE LESS FOOD, OTHERS ARE NOT SO FORTUNATE AS YOU !