Se ha denunciado esta presentación.
Utilizamos tu perfil de LinkedIn y tus datos de actividad para personalizar los anuncios y mostrarte publicidad más relevante. Puedes cambiar tus preferencias de publicidad en cualquier momento.

PRESENTATION ON MOUNTAIN DEW sheni

1.470 visualizaciones

Publicado el

  • Sé el primero en comentar

PRESENTATION ON MOUNTAIN DEW sheni

  1. 1. PRESENTATION ON MARKET SEGEMENTATION OF DEW PRODUCT BY PEPSICO BY SHENILA LADHANI BS IV REPRESENTING SAIMS
  2. 2.  Mountain dew is the brand of PEPSI.  It was first launched in Pakistan in the year 1994 but it was a failure. In the year 2003 it was re- launched along with massive promotional campaigns, it was a huge success.  Mountain dew enjoyed the status of the only citrus carbonated soft drink in the beverage market until sprite 3g entered the market.  The total market share of citrus CSD’s is 14% out of which 95% is held by mountain dew and the rest 5% by others.  Mountain dew is the fastest growing carbonated soft drink in Pakistan and it is also the fastest growing brand of Pepsi cola worldwide. ABOUT MOUNTAIN DEW
  3. 3.  The mountain dew is the first preference in thirst, softdrink amoung the youth of pakistan because this popular drink is known for it’s caffeine, yellow color and fruity taste . Popularity of mountain dew
  4. 4. PRODUCT:  The product mostly targets the male teenagers who are about to embrace excitement,adventure,fun,energy and enthusiasm  The employees who are involved in manufacturing process checking the product’s quality throughout the process. PROMOTION:  Through it’s promotion it creates attractiveness in the buyers.  They mostly use direct marketing, huge advertising techniques. MARKETING MIX PRODUCT AND PROMOTION
  5. 5. PLACE:  In direct distribution channel, there are no middle-men or intermediaries. The sequence of direct distribution channel is as follows: Producer-Retailer-Consumer (P-R-C) PRICE:  The brand uses “value based price”.  It means consumer is not only buying the beverage but it’s image too which goes with it.  Sometimes prices fluctuates due to competition and rising prices of raw material. PLACE AND PRICING
  6. 6. Mountain dew is available in different sizes 500 ml, 1.5litre and 2.5 litr mostly are the common sizes of it’s bottles. They are available in canes and bottles both, followed by different sizes. DIFFERENT SIZES
  7. 7. PULL STRATEGY OF MOUNTAIN DEW “Pull” selling strategy is one that requires high spending on advertising and consumer promotion to build up consumer demand for a product”. FOR EXAMPLE :  mountain dews sponsoring “living on the edge” on the ARY Musik channel featuring VJ Waqar who is an icon for teenager and is himself an aggressive enthusiastic entertainer.  they also conduct events like rock concerts in which teenagers participate with full energy, patience and enjoy with there full potential.
  8. 8. STRENGHT : Since the mother brand is so strong , it helped mountain dew a lot in creating its name in the beverage market. WEAKNESS : The increasing inflation rate in Pakistan can cause an upcoming weakness for mountain dew. OPPORTUNITY : One of the best opportunity for mountain dew is that the people are now fed up of ordinary cola’s and other existing CSD’s, hence strongly moving their interest towards the citrus segment like mountain dew. THREAT :The biggest threat for mountain dew is form its competitors Sprite 3G and other energy drinks like red bull etc.
  9. 9. THANK YOU

×