“People use Pinterest while they’re in different mind-sets — they might be
looking for new things to aspire to do, narrowing down on a few options or
making decisions on what to buy and do next. The Pinner journey mirrors the
customer journey, which means businesses on Pinterest can reach potential
customers at every stage with the right strategy”
Pinterest for business
• 70 million users (80% women)
• 8% of all European internet users have a Pinterest account (24m)
• Mums are 3 more times likely to share (repin) than regular users of Pinterest
• Average number of followers per pinner is 167
Pins are visual bookmarks which usually link back to a website. You can “collect” pins on a Pinterest
account by clicking the pin button on any given website (provided images on the websites are pinnable)
and by pinning pins directly to your profile within Pinterest
The business case
It’s inexpensive: Setting up a page is free, and updates can be added quickly using images already
present on your site. You may need more resources eventually, but that will prove that the channel is
working for you.
Opportunity for viral: Over 80% of content on Pinterest consists of repins. If you take the time to
choose interesting content, then users will actively promote your brand for you.
It’s very sticky. Pinterest users spend more than an hour and a half on the site every month, sharing
and re-sharing content. It’s a great way to reach customers beyond your regular comms channels.
The business case
Competitors: Content marketing is becoming increasingly important for every business. If you
aren’t on Pinterest then you’re giving your rivals a big head start in the race to seed content
across the web.
Feedback on pins: Pinterest is a great source of fast social feedback. If you want to know what
people think of your products, promotions, or even ad copy, Pinterest is a great place to showcase
It increases brand loyalty. If you have a set of interesting boards providing relevant information,
then users will return again and again to gain information and share it with their own community.
A board is…
A collection of Pins under a certain category
The ultimate pin…
1. Is taller than it is wider (good for mobile viewing)
2. Puts the pinner first – consider what your website visitors are interested in by analysing web traffic to
3. Is beautiful – and specific about a topic. Create great imagery that draws your audience in and is
relevant and inspiring
4. Shows what inspires the brand – avoid posting just products all the time
5. Is authentic – show images that reflect a brand’s values, personality and tastes
6. Is promoted* – showcase up to 30 of your latest pins on your website using the profile widget
Square profile widget
Specifications & measurements
• Profile images: 165 x 165 pixels
• Pins in feed: 238 pixels x adjusted to height (as a ratio to width)
• Expanded pin size: 735 pixels x adjusted to height (as a ratio to width)
• Pin boards complete size: 238 x 284 pixels
• Cover image: 217 x 146 pixels
• Tiny thumbnails: 51 x 51 pixels
A Rich Pin is an enhanced Pinterest image that allows
brands and products to have additional information
attached to the visual
There are five types of Rich Pins: movie, recipe, article, place and product
• Place Pins include a map, address, and phone number
• Article Pins include headline, author and story description
• Recipe Pins include ingredients, cooking times and serving information
• Movie Pins include ratings, cast members and reviews
• Product Pins include real-time pricing, stock availability and direct links to the
A retailer can include product information such as real-time pricing, stock availability and direct links to
the product page
Any Pinterest user who has pinned
the product will be notified by email
when the price of that product drops.
What you get from Pinterest Analytics
• What Pins and boards from your profile people love most
• What people like to save from your website
• Who your Pinterest audience is, including their gender, location and other interests
• What devices people use when they’re Pinning your stuff
• How adding the Pin It button to your website leads to referral traffic from Pinterest
Want more from your Pinterest analytics?
Tailwind: Pinterest analytics only Piquora: Pinterest & Instagram analytics only Curalate: Full visual web analytics (across all
major social channels)
• Pinterest can be a powerful platform for increasing web traffic and brand loyalty
• Make sure that you have resource to create imagery but also pin other people’s content
(creation & curation)
• Secret boards help you plan out your categories effectively and tie them into your overarching
• The best thing for you to do is work with a developer in order to optimise an existing site for
Pinterest and work through content for making Rich Pins
• Pinterest Analytics is a good starting point for measuring the success of your Pinterest
programmes but if you’re working with a brand that endorses the visual web then it is worth
your while to work in partnership with a paid for analysis system like Curalate
Parece que tiene un bloqueador de anuncios ejecutándose. Poniendo SlideShare en la lista blanca de su bloqueador de anuncios, está apoyando a nuestra comunidad de creadores de contenidos.
¿Odia los anuncios?
Hemos actualizado nuestra política de privacidad.
Hemos actualizado su política de privacidad para cumplir con las cambiantes normativas de privacidad internacionales y para ofrecerle información sobre las limitadas formas en las que utilizamos sus datos.
Puede leer los detalles a continuación. Al aceptar, usted acepta la política de privacidad actualizada.