LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
• Myntra.com is an Indian online shopping retailer of fashion
and casual lifestyle products, and headquartered
• Myntra was established by Mukesh Bansal, Ashutosh Lawania,
and Vineet Saxena in February 2007. All three are IIT alumni,
and have worked for several start-ups.
• It has been funded by Venture Capital funds like IndoUS, IDG
& Accel Partners.
• On 22nd May 2014 Flipkart acquired Myntra in a deal
estimated to be around $300 Million.
• Today Myntra is the largest online lifestyle retailer with over
350 national and international brands under its banner.
• Myntra.com is an aggregator of many brands.
• It is a B2C i.e. business to customer website.
• Its business model is based on procuring current season
merchandise from various brands and making them available
on the portal at the same time as in respective retail brand
outlets. All these products are offered to customers on MRP.
• Myntra has tied up with top fashion and lifestyle brands in
India, such as Nike, Inc., Reebok, Puma, Adidas, Lee, etc. to
offer a wide range of current season merchandise from these
• Myntra launched a brand campaign with its first TVC in
July 2011. The commercial 'juxtaposes new-age fashion
with old-world grit' and positions Myntra as a
'fashionable new age' brand.
• Myntra's second campaign, with the tagline "Ramp It
Up", was launched in October 2011 with a TVC. The new
ad scored high on fashion quotient and the core message
was to communicate the launch of the Autumn Winter
2011 collection on Myntra.com.
• In February 2012, Myntra also rolled out an OOH (out of
home) campaign across Tier 2 cities, to build brand
awareness and promote online shopping.
• In June 2012, Myntra launched its third campaign. Created by
Taproot, the communication emphasises the benefits of
buying online, and is titled 'Real life mein aisa hota hai kya’, in
which they offer free shipping, cash on delivery, 30 day return
& 24 hours dispatch.
• Myntra continued the 'Real life mein aisa hota hai kya' theme
in its next campaign in October 2012 and extended it to
showcase its wide catalogue and hassle-free Returns Policy.
• In February 2014, Myntra raised additional $50 Million
Funding from Premji Invest and few other Private Investors.
• Largest in-season product catalogue
• 100 % authentic product
• Cash on delivery
• 30 day return policy
• Easy to navigate
• Good content
• Fast and responsive
How Myntra Works….
Step 1: Subscribe
Subscribe with myntra to get daily deal alert on your email
and mobile number.
Step 2: Buy
To buy any deal, click on 'Buy' and make payment by various
payment modes: credit card, debit card, online banking,
Cash card, Phone and lot more.
Step 3: Deal Confirmation
Receive your deal vouchers on SMS and Email.
Step 4: Redeem Your Deal
Show your voucher at the merchant location and redeem
• Awarded 'Fashion eRetailer of the Year 2013' by
Franchise India – Indian eRetail Awards
• Awarded 'Best E-commerce Website for 2012' by
IAMAI – India Digital Awards
• Awarded 'Images Most Admired Retailer of the
Year: Non–Store Retail' for 2012 by Images
• Awarded 'Best E-commerce Partner of the year
2011-12' by Puma India.
Myntra v/s Jabong
Jabong is part of a cloning strategy
by Rocket Internet. It is a clone of the
German website Schuhe & Mode online
Myntra, in contrast, is completely
Jabong, as a company, stresses more on
numbers - website traffic, revenue,
valuation, number of brands, number of
Myntra focuses on quality and innovation.
E.g., the Style Studio (Myntra Style Studio).
It is the only website completely made in
HTML5 using canvas.
Jabong does not have anything on similar
lines, and is positioned as mainly an
ecommerce store for apparel, footwear and
In terms of positioning, Myntra envisages
itself as a fashion portal, a destination for
fashion content, trends and tips.
Jabong offers more brands on products. Myntra offers lesser brands.
Jabong has home accessories. Myntra doesn’t have home accessories.
Myntra v/s Jabong
Jabong being a newbie is aggressive in
providing various coupons to their users.
Myntra is less aggressive in terms of
offering discount coupons to users.
Jabong does Open delivery, which
basically means is that you can check the
item before you pay. If you don't like it,
you can return the same right then and
Myntra does not allow you to open the
packet unless and until you pay the
amount. If you don't like the product the
returning is a long process for Myntra.
Is there a winner ?
• Myntra is like an online shoppers stop, you know exactly what
brand what item to find where. So Myntra basically is a more
appropriate site for fashion oriented people.
• Jabong is like an onlineWalmart, you know everything is in
there but you just cannot find what you need because, there
is just too much. Jabong is preferred by people looking for
more discounts and unlimited varieties.
• Myntra’s new leap forward is a smart move to increase sales
and brand awareness.
• However, Jabong’s huge collection, aggressive discounts and
marketing endeavours are no less.
6 Things To Consider While Shopping At Myntra
6 THINGS TO CONSIDER WHILE SHOPPING AT
• 1. Always Make Payment Under Secure & Encrypted Connection
• 2. Keep Transaction Information Handy
• 3. Take Detail Of The Shipping Process
• 4. Look For Attractive Offers And Best Deals
• 5. Keep A Record Of What You Liked
• 6. Make Sure There Aren’t Any Hidden Shipping Charges