1. Terry Atkison
90 San Juan Drive, Unit B-104
Palm Coast, Florida 32137
Skilled software development professional bringing more than five years in software design,
development and integration, as well as 10+ years in computers and networks. Built websites for many
years, with experience in backend and frontend development. Knowledge of C++/C#, Java, and Swift,
as well as unit testing and the software development lifecycle. Extensive background in training
business and consumer clients on technical topics, including writing training materials and hardware
and software documentation.
• Proficient in Java, C++, C#, and Swift
• Agile software development
• Mobile application development
• Strong communication skills
• Working independently
• Program testing software
• UI layout and design
• Managing tight deadlines
• Developed end-user manuals and training materials for corp and technical training
• 4 years of training in software engineering and design
• Proficient in developing and analyzing business processes and methodologies
• Extensive background in providing top-level customer service experiences
• Back-end web languages
• Object-oriented design
• Web-based software engineering
• Program testing software
January 2011 to Current
Alien Starfish Designs Palm Coast, Florida
• Worked with clients to design, develop, and maintain websites with cutting edge HTML5 and
• Developed mobile apps for Android and IOS.
• Created end-user training materials and documentation.
• Applied best practices of software development while staying abreast of advances in the field.
2. • Tested features across various browsers and platforms.
• Fixed bugs as they were encountered, and designed unit testing procedures to reduce errors.
• Envisioned new products, features, and flows.
• Conducted design and code reviews to share knowledge with developers.
• Answered user inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operations.
• Oversaw IT infrastructure including servers, security, networking, storage systems, and
desktops for contracted clients.
• Consulted regularly with customers on project status, proposals and technical issues.
January 2006 to January 2011
Palm Coast PCs Palm Coast, Florida
• Built PCs and networks for business and consumer clients.
• Administered file, database, and web servers for various remote clients.
• Designed, tested, and installed networks, desktops, laptops, and printers.
• Resolved technical issues for clients in person, over the phone, and via e-mail.
• Performed installation of motherboards, processors, RAM, graphics cards, hard drives, and
• Created employee training materials and procedures to teach in-house workers proper software
and hardware utilization and protocols.
• Did troubleshooting and installation of software such as Windows, Mac, and Linux/Unix
operating systems, Microsoft Office, and other professional and consumer-level software.
• Performed desktop and laptop repairs for Dell, IBM, HP, Gateway, and others.
• Performed diagnostic tests and repaired malfunctioning hardware and software.
2015 DePaul University College of Computing and Digital Media Chicago, Illinois
Master of Science Software Engineering with a Concentration in Software Architecture
Minor in Software Architecture.
• Focused on design and architecture of software applications.
• Studied C, C++, C#, Java, and Swift programming languages.
• Experience with Enterprise Architect, Visio, UML, and other modeling languages and
• Used JIRA, Trello, and Asana for issue tracking.
• Utilized Git, Subversion, and Perforce for source code management and collaboration.
• Experienced with Eclipse, Visual Studio, NetBeans, Android Studio, XCode, and other
• Final project developed a trucking logistics app on Android.
• Continuing post-graduate training in mobile development on IOS and Android and web
• Covered math topics with prerequisites and outside of classroom training.
• Coursework in Software Engineering and Database Systems.