LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
BINARY OPPOSITIONS• Claude Levi-Strauss’ ‘Binary oppositions’ theory is, when in relation to the media, the ideathat there is a portrayal of both negative and positive. E.g. ‘Good vs. Evil’, or, White andBlack.• This theory is evident in music videos in order to portray to the audience the contrastbetween the positive and negative within their video.• This is an idea we will look to take forward into our video in the making of the two races,with the use of black and white colors to portray the losing race in comparison with thewinning race, to further emphasis the effort the runner goes through to succeed.
1. MUSIC VIDEOS DEMONSTRATE GENRECHARACTERISTICS• E.g. Dance routines in ‘Pop’ songs, and the ‘gangster’ image in ‘rap’ music.‘PSY’ dance routine 50 Cent
2. THERE’S A RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LYRICSAND VISUALS• The lyrics of the song are often displayed in the music video.Katy Perry displays this in her video for her song ‘Firework’
3. THERE’S A RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MUSICAND VISUALS• The tone and atmosphere of the visuals in the video reflects that of the song.Coldplay’s video for their song ‘Yellow’ is unique, and its slow andsimple nature reflects the tone of the song.
4. DEMANDS OF THE RECORD LABEL• The demands of the record label often interfere with the video as they usually require lotsof close-ups of the artist, and perhaps develop a recurring theme for the artist to use infuture work.Michael Buble’s videos often includeclose-ups of himself, whilst his smart,slick look if displayed in every piece ofwork he does, whether that be posters,CD covers, or the music video itself.
5. NOTION OF ‘LOOKING’• Within some video’s there is particular focus on the artist as a ‘sex symbol’, withvoyeuristic treatment of the female body in order to attract an audience through sexappeal of the artist.Artists such as Rihanna and Nicki Minaj conform to this ‘notion of looking’ byattempting to appeal to an audience in their videos through their sex appeal.
6. INTERTEXTUAL REFERENCE• Within some videos there is clear intertextual references to other forms of media, such asfilms, TV, or other music videos.We see hear how Eminem has used reference to ‘Robin’ from ‘Batman’ inhis music video for ‘Without me’.