• 3: Location
• 4: The states
• 5: History
• 6: Culture
• 7: Sports
• 8: Food
3. THE USA
• Is a country located almost entirely in
North America, comprising also a
state in Oceania.
4. THE USA
• Is a federal constitutional republic comprising fifty states
and a federal district.
5. THE USA
• United States emerged • The name United States
from the British of America was
colonization of proposed by Thomas
America, starring waves Paine, and was first
of British immigrants officially used in the
who founded in the XVII Declaration of
and XVIII centuries Independence, adopted
thirteen Colonies on the on 4 July 1776.
Atlantic coast of the
6. THE USA
• The United States is a multicultural nation, home to a
wide variety of ethnic groups, traditions, and values.
• United States has no official language at federal level.
However, the predominant language, which is written
in the Constitution and laws, and that performs the
duties of the government, is English.
7. THE USA
• Since the late 19th century, baseball has been regarded as
the national sport; American football, basketball, and ice
hockey are the country's three other leading professional
• Football is now by several measures the most popular
8. THE USA
• The American cuisine is
a diverse mix of multi-
national cuisines is a
style of eating where
food is prepared and
used to eat quickly in
specialized or walking