1. Vaithiyanathan Pethiyan
Khazzan GWES Fields, Oman.
Oman: 00968 94069930.
Email id: email@example.com
A challenging position as a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor in a reputed organization
where my skills and experience in developing to utilize in renowned organization.
Progressive 14 years of professional experience in Oil and Gas, petrochemical, LNG,
NGL & Power Plant. Involved in P&ID verification, Commissioning, Maintenance, start up & running
maintenance of Rotating equipments &static shooting equipments and trouble.
Provide overall commissioning mechanical engineering expertise to project activities
• Conduct project team member briefing sessions with respect to engineering requirements and
• Provide mechanical engineering input for risk management activities as appropriate.
• Monitor the vendors mechanical equipment installation and pre commissioning activities and ensure
these are executed in accordance with the project HES, technical specifications, quality standards and
procedures defined in the contracts
• Support plans and strategies for the commissioning phase to ensure that key project objectives are met
in respect of HSE, quality/performance, schedule and cost
• Support the implementation of safety in design (SID) in the execution of construction, pre
commissioning and commissioning activities
• Ensure the alignment of mechanical pre commissioning and commissioning activities in accordance
with the project completion and handover procedure
• Provide technical support in the resolution of technical issues during commissioning and initial start
Integration with all departments in terms of commissioning Oil and Gas Unit.
• Ensure that milestones are realistic, cognizant of all realistic influences and determined by consensus
• Ensure that all documentation and interface designs have been confirmed with site-specific
• Ensure that the commissioning activities are in line with and performed in accordance with the laid
down quality plan
• Witnessing functional testing of new and/or refurbished plant
• Form part of an accredited group, where applicable who are responsible for ensuring safe
commissioning of power plant projects
• Check that all work pertaining to functional area of control is on track according to the project master
• Submit notification to carry out pre-start checks and commission the systems
• Check that tests are being executed according to the test plans and procedures
• Coordinate all commissioning tests as per requirements on all plant
• Interact and liaise with all planners, project and system engineers, contractors and the client office
throughout the commissioning process
• Communicate constantly with the planners on the workflow activities and any changes to the
commissioning project plan
2. • Ensure that the Commissioning Project Manager and Senior Engineer Commissioning is furnished
with all information that might impact the commissioning of the project in terms of time and develop
strategies to avoid late delivery
• Comply to Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements
• Accept responsibility in terms of the relevant statutory Occupational Health and Safety Act
Initially, preparing procedures and engineering activities.
• Participating in Integrated Commissioning and Acceptance Team (ICAT) and, if required, could
produce training activities towards Junior personnel
• Providing technical support for Start-up
• Participating in and assisting with the co-ordination of the Project’s performance test(s)
• Monitoring, inspecting and verifying the performance of the Commissioning contractors and their
respect of time scheduling and task completion
• Following-up and controlling the testing and commissioning of new / modified equipment, systems
• Diagnosing faults and trends and taking or recommending appropriate corrective action
• Ensuring that RASGAS and statutory safety requirements are adhered to in all Commissioning
activities undertaken by RASGAS personnel and external contractors
• Ensuring the provision of adequate resources to carry out activities e.g. special tools and materials for
the technicians and/or additional specialist maintenance support
• Compiling, completing and submitting of reports and documentation to the required standards and at
the relevant frequency
• Contributing to the development of and updating of a formal maintenance system for Production
• Establishing the requirements of specific training programmes for upgrading the skill of
Commissioning and Maintenance staff
• Detailing approvals and work permits required prior to commencement of activities and shut-down
• Develops maintenance programs such as the Maintenance Management Program, Preventive Maintenance,
organization, worker level job structure, manpower utilization and construction equipment requirements
and utilization. Appraises and prepares reports on the effectiveness of such programs
• Assists the line Maintenance organizations in the implementation of approved programs by furnishing
information, authoritative interpretation, operating pilot runs, conducting training sessions and analyzing
accountability and progress reports.
• Leads a team which is responsible for field-wide planning, scheduling and under the direction of
concerned Maintenance Superintendents, the execution of all major T&Is.
• Carries out preventive maintenance jobs as planned on rotary equipment including monitoring of
various parameters and carrying out visual checks and provides feedback through reports. Also
maintains history records and equipment running chart.
• Trouble Shooting, Preventive Maintenance, Breakdown Maintenance and Overhauling on complete
spectrum of Rotating Equipments including, Gas Turbines(GE & Siemens)& Gas compressor and
Pumps Ranging from small dosing pumps to HP Multistage centrifugal pumps, Centrifugal and
Reciprocating Compressor, Blowers and Fin Fans.
• Completely overhauled GE& Siemens Oil and Gas Barrel type Centrifugal Compressor BCL 427.
• Carries our corrective maintenance, which includes assembly /disassembly of pumps, compressors,
bearings & seal renewal, alignment correction etc.
• Coordinates closely with operation & inspection to ensure equipment is retained in a functional &
good operating condition.
3. • Responsible for managing the correct installation, inspection, maintenance and repair of all mechanical
and electrical equipment and instrumentation, ensuring all work undertaken to the highest standards and
within required timescales.
Receive instructions from Mechanical Engineer, Obtains permit, organizes tools, tackles, consumable spares
and completes the maintenance work as assigned
Maintenance of Gas turbines, pumps, compressors, gear boxes diesel engines and fire & safety
equipments related to the on shore field. (GWES)
• Preventive & Corrective maintenance of mechanical equipment like all types of pumps , Air and gas
compressors, Gas Turbine, Diesel Engines Gear Boxes, Coolers Exchangers and its oil and cooling line
• Manpower allotment for completing the jobs and ensuring workers safety while carrying maintenance
works. Plan day to day plant maintenance work and Maintain & update all equipment histories &
• Performs major equipment overhauls and participates in shutdown/turnaround works. Carries out
correct measurements of clearances/tolerances using a wide range of instruments
• Participates in annual turnarounds, records of all the events and provides feedback
• Performing Vibration Analyses & RCA (Bore scope)for all rotating equipments
• Ensures clearances and tolerances are within acceptable limit using precision measuring instruments
including Micrometer, Vernier Caliper, Dial Indicator, Bore Gauge, Feeler Gauge and Master level.
• Identifies requirements for consumable supplies, tools and equipment to aid the efficient and effective
Day to day running of the Mechanical Maintenance department responsible for a Central Processing
Facility, De-gassing station and well pads, duties include scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of
rotating equipment, Planned Preventative Maintenance procedure writing, updating and implementation,
reliability improvement. Planning maintenance and shutdowns, equipment overhaul, time and procedure
writing using vendor support implementation.
Working on an oil storage installation; duties include scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of rotating
equipment, Planned Preventative Maintenance procedure writing, updating and implementation,
reliability improvement. Planning maintenance and shutdowns, isolating and de-isolating machinery and
plant, equipment overhaul, time and procedure writing using vendor support implementation. Computer
based permit writing and approval, risk assessments, day to running of process plant and control room
Commissioning and overhauling of GE (MS6001&MS9001) (FRAME-6&9). Siemens
Combustion chamber inspection, hot gas path inspection, Boro scope inspection.
Replacing of IGV blades and changing of bush as well as pinion gears, also setting of
angles as per inspection.
Main burner and pilot burner,flame tube , Well aware of maintenance jobs.
Turbine, bearing,(Active loaded thrust bearing,inactive loaded thrust bearing & Journal
bearing.) compressor rotor, stator, labyrinth seal clearance. As per drawing starting motor and Hydraulic
axial piston pump maintenance jobs.
Routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, Lube oil filters, Fuel oil filters, Hydraulic
oil filters, Fuel gas filters and Air intake filters Replacement. Flame arrester with breather inspection and
maintenance jobs.(Gas turbine all Auxiliary system)
4. Well aware of all measuring Tools (Vernier caliper,Micrometer,Dial Gauge). Pneumatic
and Hand tool, Hydraulic tools and also lifting gears used during overhauling of gas turbine
Preparing the preventive maintenance check list, Equipment Maintenance schedule,
Maintenance procedure , spare parts list, Material requisition Maintenance plan , Maintenance
consept, Method of statement,Job safety Analysis and punch list.
Maintenance and overhauling of BROOM WADE (BW2D)
,CLARK(CRA,40T). CAMERON (SUPERIOR WH-6).
The both suction valves with loader and discharge valves from head. Remove valve
head .Open all inspection doors provided and loose the nut connects cross head and
piston rod and take out piston assembly with rod through head side. While
removing care should be taken about piston rings falling.
Dismantle piston plates, piston rings, expander rings, wear band and rod cylinder
house with crankcase with distance piece. And disconnect distance piece dismantle
wiper packings and gland .
Wrist pin and take out cross heads. Dismantle connecting rod big end bearing cover
and remove split big end bearing and take connecting rods outside.
Changing new one instead of reconditioning damaged parts. When assembling
the following factors should be considered are main bearing radial and thrust
clearances, connecting rod big end bearing and small end pin clearance, web
deflection, rod run out, wear band clearance, piston plate clearance with
cylinder bore, bore surface finish, piston ring end and side clearances, piston
end clearances, oil tubes condition, valve lift and passing, loader piston freeness
action, wiper packing clearance, free rotation and alignment.
Maintenance and overhauling of ELLIOTT,NUOVO PIGNONE,INGERSOLL
RAND,SIEMENS.(2 BCL 306C,2 SRL 306C,2MCL 306C).
Coupling spacer from driver, compressor or motor. Remove coupling by use of coupling
puller like hydraulic puller or special tools.
Check the thrust clearance of the compressor shaft with thrust bearing ,head should be
check that all oil lines are dismantled.
Bearing housing cover and take care cover gasket for maintaining thrust clearance thrust
bearing and thrust disc by removing of locknut. split journal bearing two side and make
mark, which side coming.
Seals like floating seal with 3 rings. Remove shear ring by use of special tools and should
be measure dimension were its locked and inspect the anti lock pin ok or not. head locking
shear ring and pull up the head by use of jack bolt and special puller. Use lifter to tight
with head and transfer to safe place.
The rotor, tight the diaphragm and rotor itself by use stud bolts for no need to remove one
by one, pull out rotor with diaphragm to end position of barrel casing. split diaphragm and
clean well. Check the rotor any damage and check the wear ring clearance, inter stage
labyrinth clearance, rotor balancing, run out
5. Assembling is the reverse procedure of dismantling and the following factors should be
considered while and before assembling rotor run out, balancing the rotor and check the
interstage labyrinth clearance, check the seals are properly seated, bearing clearance thrust
Maintenance and overhauling of Centrifugal pump, positive displacement pumps,
reciprocating and rotary pumps, Fin fans and blowers gear boxes, Double suction single
discharge pumps, maintains and overhauling of vertical sump pumps, single stage and
Servicing of Centrifugal pumps both horizontal and vertically mounted for seal leak, low
flow rate and abnormal vibrations
Alignment of pumps and prime movers both axial and radial
Servicing of Reciprocating type plunger and Diaphragm pump models for gland leak,
liquid head servicing and abnormal sound
Servicing of Gearbox (Spur and Worm gears) of various fans, blowers and Mixers at
Replacing mechanical seals for pump cartridge type seals, single and double seals, pusher,
non pusher seal (Make-john crane, Dura metallic).
Carbon ring packing labyrinth seals replacement.
Bearing replacement (ball, bearing, roller bearing, sleeve bearing, taper roller bearing).
Coupling inspection (shim and push coupling, pin and push, love-joy, rigid coupling).
Alignment rim and face.
Fin fan blowers belt tightness checking and replacing.
Blade angle and bearing condition checking and replacing.
Servicing and pressure setting of all types of Safety Valves
Maintenance and testing of heat exchangers.
Shell and tube fixing, floating and u-tube type exchangers Maintenance and testing of
pressure vessels, towers and columns.
Maintenance of valves, pipes and fittings (PSV and relief Valves isolation and NRV valve
pipe, supports and insulation, all fittings and testing.
Experience and knowledge in dismantling, assembling and all type of control valves with
product of NELES James burry, fisher mason Elian, dresser and velan.
Servicing of all types of Block Valves, gauge glasses, Steam traps and Burners.
Maintenance of Heat Exchangers and coolers cleaning hydro testing both shell and tubes.
Servicing of fire trucks, trailer pumps and all fire fighting systems like Sprinkler system,
Deluge valve etc.
Storage tank (floating roof) maintenance.
Shutdown maintenance jobs of all columns, boilers, tanks and all other refinery, Oil/Gas
Couplings, bearings and alignment, Lubrication system and routing check up, Seals and
packing cooling system, PM jobs.
Strainers, filters orifices and flare system, All type of gasket, RTJ rings and packing places
of usages, Hydro tests and pneumatic test as per IAT, Pneumatic hydraulic torque.
6. From Jul-2016 to Till
Client : Britsh Petroleum. OMAN.
Company : WTS &TOFS International company
Position : Mechanical Commissioning Supervisor.
Location : Khazzan Block -61.CPF. Gas Plant (Train-1 &2)OMAN
From Feb-2016 to Apr-2016
Client : Gasco (Buhasa) Abudhabi.
Company : Al-Nahiya Inter national company
Position : Mechanical maintenance Supervisor.
Location : Buhasa NGL Plant (Train-1 &2).ABUDHABI.( TA-2016)
From May-2015 to May-2016:-
Client : Petro-china international.
Company : Antonoil Inter national company
Position : Mechanical Commissioning,& maintenance Supervisor.
Location : Halfaya Power Plant , (CPF-1&2). IRAQ(Rotation- 35/35)
From Jan-2015 to :-Mar-2015
Client : Qatar Chemicals (RLOC).
Company : Vellosi
Position : Mechanical maintenance Supervisor.
Location : Ras Laffan,. QATAR.( TA-2015.Shut Down)
From May-2012 to :-Dec-2014
Client : Petro-china international.
Company : Hermic limited
Position : Mechanical,Commissioning & maintenance Supervisor.
Location : Halfaya oil field,(CPF-1). IRAQ(Rotation- 35/35)
From Sep-2011 to May-2012:-
Company : Consortium of Siemens & GS Engineering
Position : Mechanical commissioning supervisor.(Siemens Gas Turbine)
Location : Sohar, OMAN.
From May-2009 to May-2011:
7. Client : RasLaffan Liquefied Natural Gas Company (RASGAS)
Company : Transfield Worley Trags Joint venture (TWT)
Position : Lead Mechanical Technician.(Commissioning Train-7)
Location : RasLaffan (QATAR)
From Sep-2007 to May-2009
Client : Kuwait National Petroleum Company under ISCO
Position : Mechanical Technician
Company : KNPC Mina ahmadi..
Location : KUWAIT.
From Aug-2002 to Sep-2007
Client : Chennai Petroleum corporation ltd, India (CPCL)
Company : Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited,
Cauvery Basin Refinery.
Position : Mechanical Technician
Location : Nagapattinam. (INDIA)
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in Sadguru sree veera brahmendra university.Hyderabad.
Course Duration: (3 Years)
From AUG 2003 to AUG 2004 - Government Apprentice Trainee in Chennai Petroleum
Corporation Limited, Cauvery Basin Refinery, Nagapattinam .India.
From OCT 2012 to NOV 2012 - Siemens Gas Turbine Training (SGT-300) in UK Linclon
On NOV-2009 - B safe observer training in Ras Gas, Qatar.
8. Permit to Start Work (Maintenance) and Permit to work (Commissioning)
Health, Safety and Environment course – Basic Training
Supervisory Skill Training
Confined Space Entry Training.
Basic & Intermediate Permit to Work System(PTW)
Plant Safety Induction and H2S / Breathing Apparatus(BA)
Interactive safety induction
Job safety Analysis
Acid gas Injection
First Aid Training
Fire and safety watch.
Ms Word, .
Name : P.Vaithiyanathan.
Father Name : M.R.Pethiyan.
DOB : 10-5-1985.
Relationship status : Married
Address : Uthirangudi, komal (post), thirukuvalai(TK),
Nagapattinam(DT), Tamil nadu, India.Pin-610201.
Language Known : English,Hindi,Arabic, and Tamil.
Passport no : Z2130708
Date of Expiry : 8-10-2022
Contact Details : Mob. 91-9698456669.India
Skpe Id : vaithiya6163
Mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
I hereby declare that the above information is true to the best of my knowledge.