2. • Rabindranath Tagore [7 May 1861] was a Bengali poet of India.
• He was a philosopher playwright , composer and an artist
• He wrote many stories ,novels, poems ,dramas as well as composing
music and many songs.
• His writing greatly influenced Bengali culture in the late 19th century
and early 20th century.
3. HIS FAMOUS WORKS
• The Home and the World
• Chokher Bali
• Shesher kabita
• The post office
• Saddhana, The realization of life
• Rabindra sangeet
• The Genius of Valmiki
• Jana gana mana
4. • Tagore was the first Asian to win the Nobel Prize .He was awarded the
Nobel prize for Literature in 1913 for his work Gitanjali.
• Gitanjali or ‘song offerings is a collection of 103 English poems of
Tagore’s own translations of his Bengali poems.
• Tagore was the only person to have written anthems for three states
• Jana Gana Mana ,the national anthem of India.
• Amar Shonar Bangla , the national anthem of Bangladesh .
• Sri Lanka Matha ,the national anthem of Sri Lanka.
5. • Tagore was renowned for his spiritual and magical poetry.
• His poetry is filled with beautiful language and mesmerizing verse.
• Tagore’s writing offers a new view of how one should live their life.
• Tagore had a great love for nature and many of his poems invoke the
simple beauties of the natural world.
6. • Tagore died on 7th August 1941, after a long painful illness aged 80