2. 5G PROMISES TO BE NOTHING LESS THAN A UNIVERSAL
ACCESS NETWORK – BUT HOW FAR WILL IT LIVE UP TO
3. • Introduction of 5G
5G Wireless: 5th generation wireless technology
Complete wireless communication with almost no limitations
Can be called REAL wireless world —Has incredible transmission
Concept is only theory not real
5. • Based on analog system
• Speed up to 2.4 kbps
• AMPS (Advance Mobile Phone System) was launched by the US &
it was the 1G mobile system
• Allows user to make voice calls in 1 country
• Developed in 1980s & completed in early 1990s
6. • Developed in late 1980s & completed in late 1990s
• Based on digital system
• Speed up to 64 kbps
• Services such are digital voice & SMS with more clarity
• Semi global facility
• 2G are the handsets we are using today, with 2.5G having more
7. • Developed between late 1990s & early 2000s until present day
• Transmission speed from 125 kbps to 2 Mbps
• Superior voice quality
• E-mail, PDA, information surfing on-line shopping/ banking,
• Global roaming
8. • Faster & more reliable
• Speed up to 100 Mbps
• High performance
• Easy roaming
• Low cost
9. • Next major phase of mobile telecommunication & wireless
• 10 times more capacity than others
• Expected speed up to 1 Gbps
• More faster & reliable than 4G
• Lower cost than previous generations
12. Features of 5G
5th Generation Mobile Network or simply 5G is the forthcoming
revolution of mobile technology. The features and its usability are
much beyond the expectation of a normal human being. With its
ultra-high speed, it is potential enough to change the meaning of a
cell phone usability.
With a huge array of innovative features, now your smart phone
would be more parallel to the laptop. You can use broadband internet
connection; other significant features that fascinate people are more
gaming options, wider multimedia options, connectivity everywhere,
zero latency, faster response time, and high quality sound and HD
video can be transferred on other cell phone without compromising
with the quality of audio and video.
Uploading & Downloading speed of 5G touching the peak (up to 1
High quality service based on policy to avoid error
25 Mbps connectivity speed
• Uses UWB (Ultra Wide Band)
networks with higher BW at
low energy levels
• BW is of 4000 Mbps, which is
400 times faster than today’s
• Uses smart antenna
• Uses CDMA (Code Division
• 5G will be single unified
standard of different wireless
networks, including LAN
WWWW- World Wide Wireless
Web, unified IP & seamless
combination of broadband
• Software defined radio,
encryption, flexibility, Anti-
•High resolution and bi-directional large bandwidth shaping.
•Technology to gather all networks on one platform.
•More effective and efficient.
•Technology to facilitate subscriber supervision tools for the quick
•Technological sound to support heterogeneous services(including
•Possible to provide uniform, uninterrupted, and consistent connectivity
across the world.
• Technology is still under process and research on its viability is going
• The speed, this technology is claiming seems difficult to achieve (in
future, it might be) because of the incompetent technological support
in most parts of the world.
• Many of the old devices would not be competent to 5G, hence, all of
them need to be replaced with new one — expensive deal.
• Developing infrastructure needs high cost.
17. 5G COULD BE THE MOST COMPLEX STANDARDIZATION
CHALLENGE THE TELECOMS INDUSTRY HAS
• Will 5G be a new radio interface, or an evolved 4G radio
interface with new capabilities? Or both?
• Massive MIMO systems will require new and innovative
antenna designs, and will probably attract concerns
from local residents about environmental exposure to
• Virtualization of the architecture presents structural,
support, interworking and operations challenges.
18. 5G COULD BE THE MOST COMPLEX STANDARDIZATION
CHALLENGE THE TELECOMS INDUSTRY HAS
• High-band spectrum requires new engineering
expertise for access deployment scenarios.
• Many more players want to influence, direct and
control 5G technology.
• It will be expensive: ROCE on mobile is low at the
moment, and 5G will have to justify itself over the
next few years
19. 5G WILL ENABLE NEW SERVICES AND DEVICES
AND CREATE NEW TYPES OF CUSTOMER
21. WHEN IS 5G LAUNCHING IN INDIA?
• In “5G”, we have a chance of being there with the rest of
the world. However, the government wants to walk
shoulder to shoulder with the rest of the world during
the launch of “5G”. Not wanting to be late in the launch
of “5G”, the Indian government has created a panel of
experts that will work to provide a roadmap for the
launch of 5G in India.
• When the world will roll out 5G in 2020, I believe India
will be at part with them.
22. BELIEVE ME” 5G” WILL BE FREAKING FAST,
STABLE, AND VERSATILE. 10GBPS SPEEDS WON'T
BE UNHEARD OF. IT'LL REPLACE HOME WI-FI
NETWORKS IN MANY CASES, OFFERING FASTER
SPEEDS AND BETTER COVERAGE.
23. BUT HOW ACTUALLY WILL 5G TECHNOLOGY
PERFORMS? THIS IS SOMETHING ONLY TIME WILL