1. National Staff Development Council Standards Cindy Brown Jill Erickson Vera Weber Jerad Voglewede Crysta Wagner ED635 Personnel, Supervision, and Staff Development Spring 2009 Powerful Forms of Staff Development
2. Staff Development Defined... Staff development improves the learning of all students. The process of providing ongoing opportunities for employees to improve their knowledge and skills. NSDC’s Standards Text's Standards Achievement & Engagement
7. Leadership Staff development that improves the learning of all students requires skillful school and district leaders who guide continuous instructional improvement.
13. Data Driven Staff development that uses data from various sources to drive their decisions helps to provide meaningful guidance to both teachers and administrators.
18. Design Standard Staff development that improves the learning of all students uses learning strategies appropriate to the intended goal.
19. Design Standard It is essential that staff development leaders select learning strategies based on the intended outcomes and their diagnosis of participants' prior knowledge and experience.