1. John Simmins, Applications Manager, SMECO Gary Wilkinson, Solutions Delivery Manager, Wipro Technologies Vijai Krishnan, Senior Architect, Wipro Technologies Customer Care and Billing: SMECO Customer Experience
4. Overview of SMECO Southern Maryland Electric Cooperative provides electric service to all of Charles and St. Mary's counties, all but the northern tip of Calvert County, and the southern portion of Prince George's County. The past few years have presented numerous challenges to SMECO – some related to weather, others resulting from technology and operational upgrades. In 2002, SMECO and its customers endured the worst tornado in recent history, and 2003 brought Hurricane Isabel which devastated the communities in SMECO’s service territory. Although there were no natural disasters in 2004, SMECO still had its share of challenges to overcome. Many of those challenges provided opportunities to improve the way SMECO does business. New corporate goals were developed for 2005. These new goals focus on improving customer service, employee performance, and SMECO’s use of technology. Our Service Territory
5. SMECO Growth Southern Maryland is the fastest growing area in Maryland. This reflects SMECO’s steady increase in the number of customers.
6. SMECO Growth The following chart of the number of meters per employees demonstrates that SMECO is attempting to compensate for growth though improved employee productivity rather than simply increasing employee head-count.
8. Wipro - Global IT Services Provider Headquarters USA Mountain View, Seattle, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, Manchester, New York, Boston, New Jersey, Reston Europe UK, Germany, France, Finland, Switzerland, Portugal, Romania Brazil UAE, Saudi Arabia More than 10,000 people More than 5,000 people 53 countries, 46 GDCs, 24 global near-shore centers More than 1000 people More than 100 people Canada Australia Japan Taiwan Singapore Egypt China Australia Mexico < than 100 people
25. Project Governance Business procedures Testing User training Change management Interfaces Reports Conversion Technical support Project Sponsor Project Sponsor Project Manager Implementation Team Functional Team Technical Team Oracle|Utilities SMECO Steering Committee Project Manager Training System design Extensions Interface support Conversion support Technical support
27. Project Management Tracking and Control Areas Tasks Change Register Change Management 3. Issues Register Risk Register Risk Management 5. Key Stakeholders Report Back to: Resource Management 6. Staff changes Project Schedule Financial Management 7. Project Director Quality Management 2. Rework Issue Management 4. Delivery Management 1. Deadlines & Milestones Update
29. Plan Overview – Ongoing Tasks Start Up Discovery SMECO Orientation Process Analysis Assembly Acceptance Deployment Change Management Technology Support Training Business Process Transformation Project Management
32. SMECO Application Portfolio Customer Information System Metering & Consumption Itron MVRS, Hunt (Turtle) & MV900 Outage Management System CGI Marketing Management Incorporate in CIS Customer Relationship Incorporate in CIS Remittance Processing NDP 250 Financial Management Lawson Bill Production Utilitec Data Warehouses Geographic Information System ESRI Meter Inventory & Testing Incorporate in CIS Retail Choice Incorporate in CIS Customer Interaction IVR/CTI (Avaya PBX) Customer Data Access IVR & Incorporate in CIS Credit Card Payments, Check by Phone EBPP Refund & Capital Credit Checks Lawson Cashiering System Incorporate in CIS or Stand Alone Cooperative Resource Center Address Standardization EDI for Retail Choice Work Management Logica
One of the common assumptions that customers make is that all Indian companies are alike – they are low cost, labor intensive providers of technology services. Wipro is first among equals – with a distinctly different DNA from the other Indian tech service providers in the fact that we entered the tech services business through the high-end R&D route and not through the Y2K services route. Today we are the largest independent R&D services provider in the world and work with some of the most innovative companies in the world on cutting edge areas like new product development, joint IP/ patent creation, co-innovation and business transformation.