1. CA.VINOD KUMAR SHARMA
Hindustan Gum & Chemicals Ltd., Village Jakhwada, Tal: Viramgam, District Ahmedabad 382150
Contact: +91 9825006803, +91 7698892800; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR General Management Professional-
(Seeking President/CEO levels of assignments)
• Seasoned General Management professional with a comprehensive experience of over 28 years , currently
spearheading as Sr. Vice President / Incharge, Viramgam Unit with Hindustan Gum & Chemicals
Ltd. with the excellent understanding of business ,Commercial, finance, Quality ,R&d, Legal , Liason /PR, HR/Admin
,CSR, Technical dynamics- Production, Projects, Utility, Maintenance, Civil, Environment , Safety and updated market
• Equipped with the knack of functional management along with the practical experience in the analysis, development
and implementation of Strategic Business Plans and Policies to ensure organizational growth, targeting maximum
profitability & cost effectiveness.
• Expertise in project planning, scheduling, budgeting & performing cost-benefit analysis, Market Research, Research &
Product Development as per the client’s requirements. Experience in Finance & Accounts, Commercial, Procurements,
Audit, Statutory Compliances, Budgeting & variance analysis, Profitability analysis and optimizing the same at acceptable
risk and MIS.
• Visionary leadership in assessing client needs, and strategically positioning programs aligned with customer and market
• Strong team leader builder, fostering an atmosphere that motivates highly talented professionals to balance high-level
skills with maximum productivity.
Operations/Production/Quality/Maintenance/Projects/Research & Product Development,, Techno-Commercial
Management. Finance & Accounts Management Audit Facilitation & Financial Reports Financial Planning &
Fund Management Commercial Management Resource Optimization Documentation Team Management& HR
MIS ; HSE, Environment and Pollution Control, CSR, Liason and PR
HINDUSTAN GUM & CHEMICALS LTD.-World Leaders in Manufr & ExportC of Guar Gum Products
Sr. Vice President / In-charge, Viramgam Unit- (Unit1,2,3 & Wind Mills -Since Feb 1999) Finance
Controller, Bhiwani (Feb 1997 – Feb 1999)
• Act as a Head for the complete unit operations entailing Project Management, Production, Maintenance, Quality
Assurance & Control, Research & Product Development, Procurement, Exports, Accounts and Budgetary Control, HR/
Security/Environment/Safety/Legal, PR & Liason, etc.
• Successfully handled Environmental issues technically within the company and liasoning with GPCB.
• Handling company’s CSR Programmes
• Successfully handled Labour Strike in 2009 and re-strengthening HR Systems(Member of Core HR Committee in M. P.
• Implementing 5S programme in the unit
• Increased Productivity in various Product lines
2. • Completed implementation of about Rs.50 Crores worth Expansion/Modification/Cost Saving Projects( 2001- 2010)
• Set up 3 Wind Mill Projects( Rs.30 Crores between years 2006-2014)
• Set up EOU in the year 2005 (Rs.20 Crores) - (now merged with Unit1)
• Set up Unit3-Greenfield Project for manufacturing speciality Industrial Gums in the year 2012 ( Rs.50 Crores )
• Set up HSG Plant and its expansions ( Rs5 Crores- 500 MT/annum) during the years 2006-2012
• Set up Nutriguar Plant and its expansions ( Rs.7 Crores- ) during the years 2009-2011)
• Achieved cost savings to the tune of Rs 128 Lacs (15% of GP) in the year 2004-05 by initiating various measures and
continued taking up various cost saving projects every year since then-
o Implementation of Six Sigma & DMAIC methodology
o Monthly Review Meetings & Budgetary Control System
o Introduction of Mandi (Market Yards) Purchase System for raw materials as against ‘through brokers’.
o Development & implementation of effective Management Reporting System
o Use of cheaper fuel i.e. FO in production of intermediate products
o Increasing productivity & process capability by 25%
o Reduced process losses by 1% and increased yield by 0.5%
• Successfully coordinated various audits viz, International Food Audits, HSE Audits, CTPAT audit, Commercial Audits and
ISO Surveillance & Re-Certification Audits.
• Reduced washing Loss in process of all grades of Guar Gum Powder by 0.70 % reducing water consumption by 'Spray
Nozzle washing system , steam consumption, Raw Material consumption, ETP Plant running costs ; Reduced sweepings
and achieved reduction in process loss by 0.25 % by Vapour Extraction system ; Achieved reduction in Powder moisture
loss by 1 % by adopting 'High air volume-Low air Temperature'/better flaking technology during the years 2014-16 in
• New Product Development/Cost Effective Technological innovations: 1. Developed 'Transparent Dietary Fibre' in 2015-
2016 2. Developed CM Starch in the year 2015 3. Developed 'Very High Filtration-Fine Mesh' Textile grade Guar in the
year 2016 4. Developed low cost Guar for Paper industry in the year 2002 5. Developed low cost TKP Gum for Textile
industry in-house and then developed outsourcing in the year 2004 6. Was a part of team for development of Fast
Hydration Guar for oil well industry ,Textile grade high viscosity-high filtration CM-TKP , HSG for bakery ., dietary Fibre
during the years 2000- 2009 7. Developing 'High Filtration-Fine Mesh' Textile grade Guar using Splits instead of 300
mesh powder 8. Working on development of Gum Products for other Application Areas.
• During tenure as Finance Controller, Managed the complete finance and treasury functions of Company as a whole at
H.O. Developed Funds Management System and necessary software for short/ long term funds requirement &
deployment. Negotiated for Working Capital funds from consortium of Banks i.e. BNP and UCO Bank at attractive terms
Handled the Import & Export Operations involving arranging FOREX and negotiating export / import bills.
• Successfully handled major Search & Seizure raid from Excise Dept. involving classification dispute; got necessary
exemption notification for sale of bye-products by the 100% EOU.
• Accountable for budget planning, formulation, administration, analysis and evaluation of the project expenditure
proposals to determine the difference between projected & actual results and implementing corrective actions to improve
• Monitor the funds flow and cash flow statements to review the inflow & outflow of funds & ensure optimum utilization of
available funds to accomplish organizational goals. Provide decision support to senior management in the creation of
business reviews and ad-hoc analysis, leading region-level revenue forecasting, metrics, and reporting responsibilities.
• Coordinate key global processes for budgeting, planning and commission activities, leading to the development and
implementation of sales compensation plans.
3. • Liaise with the core finance team and the sales team, assisting with issues related to accounting, billing, payments, credit
risk management, and taxation.
• Liaise with the Forex consultants for news and view on the Forex market while monitoring & keeping track on the events
(domestic/ international) that affects the market. It also entails negotiating with banks and financial institutions for raising
fund and non-fund based facilities at favourable terms to meet working capital requirements.
• Screen new projects, conducting feasibility studies and preparing project reports to determine the financial viability,
projecting cash flow and growth opportunities, ensuring target achievement on inventory & AR (Credit Control and follow
the Credit Policy).
• Liaise with External & Statutory Auditors while conducting audits for evaluating internal control systems/ procedures with
a view to highlight the shortcomings and implementing necessary recommendations.
• Evaluate different sales promotion proposals. Scrutinize commercial implications on agreements with vendors/ customers
or any other agencies. Accountable for all the techno- commercial operations in the company for the procurement of
necessary items including new software developments.
• As Finance Controller, Prepare financial reports to determine the financial viability, projecting cash flow and growth
opportunities while preparing projected financial statements. Oversee the implementation of internal controls, developing
MIS and conducting costing analysis including monitoring of imports, purchase and sales department.
• Manage the team while delegating work, updating them with latest trends & techniques in the process as well as training
them for the improvements in work.
• As Finance Controller, handled all Company Secretarial Functions including getting Board Of Directors' Meetings and Other
Statutory records and documents.
ALBERT DAVID LTD., GHAZIABAD ,NCR
Sep 1994 – Jan 1997
• Managed Factory Accounts while maintaining necessary stock records, Cost Records, MIS, Finished Goods Inventory and
Despatch Planning. Managed the financial and commercial aspects of the Rs 15 Crore capacity expansion project.
• Instrumental in raising Loan to the tune of Rs 10 Crores from IFCI. Managed rights issue worth Rs 5 Crores.
BIRLA VINOLEUM & INDIA LINOLEUM, BIRLAPUR, West Bengal
Sep 1988 – Aug 1994
As Manager, Commercial
• Developed product wise Profitability Projection Statements & quarterly & yearly profitability projections for improvement in
profitability of the Unit. Successfully managed financial and commercial aspects of Rs 15 Crore new project.
• Responsible for Accounts, Costing, Budgetary Control, Time Office/Pay Roll, Industrial Laws, Stores,RM & FG Inventory
control ,Despatches and Excise
• Successfully arranged Rs. 10 Crore Term Loan from ICICI.
J.K JHUNJHUNWALA & CO., C.A.
Jun 1985 – Apr 1987
RAJAT ASSOCIATES, C.A.
Jul 1987 – Feb 1988
G.P. AGARWAL & CO., C.A.
Dec 1981 - Feb 1985
Company Secretary (Intermediate Level) 1989 ICSI
FCA, (Chartered Accountancy- 1988 ) ICAI
B.Com (Hons.) 1982 Calcutta University
Technical Skills Office Automation, Internet Applications
Date of Birth: 6th September 1962
References: Available on Request