LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
How to start a
Processes and Systems involved in
establishing a social enterprise.
• A social enterprise generates revenue and a
• A social enterprise model seeks to make an
impact to help alleviate or improve the
myriad of intractable social challenges
humanity faces on any given day.
• Some nonprofits are also considered social
enterprises.They can technically make a
profit, but revenues are not permitted to go
to investors. Instead, funds are legally
required to go back into the nonprofit
Social entrepreneurs are business people.
Money motivates them, but they also have
a sincere desire and, in some instances, a
calling to help and improve the welfare of
others.The best social entrepreneurs and
business leaders share some of these
Leadership Creativity Visionary
Belief Persistence Strategic 3
By selling goods and services in the
open market, social
enterprises reinvest the money
they make back into their business or
the local community.This allows them
to tackle social problems, improve
people's life chances, support
communities and help the
environment. So when a social
enterprise profits society profits.
Social Issue An idea/solution Product/Service
• Environmental CSR Projects
• Environmental Employee
• Establishment of Nature
• Development of
Background • New Company Act 2014
• Gap between Nonprofits
• Requirement of a
understands both sides
• Establishment of butterfly habitats under tree
• Development of naturebased mobile apps
• Development of Butterfly Parks
• Habitat Restoration works as part of corporate
• WildlifeTraining programmes for forest officials
• Online courses on Biodiversity
Name and Registration Website and Social
Make a business plan
1 2 3
Provide information about the
significant events he/she
Expand your network by working
in collaborative way Clients
Identify your clients,
Identify partners who
could help you scaleup.
These could be
Find a mentor who could
guide you. Get a board
• Who are you?
• What are you passionate
• What you do?
• Why you do what you do?
• How you create an impact?
• What resources you use to
creat that impact?
Don’t work alone
Look for partners
Who is your team?
Sell your idea before
you reach your floor
1. Nail your elevator
2. Research your
3. Tell an engaging
4. Your team.
5. Know your
Be at ease
Be ready with
scaling up or
Consulting is a social
enterprise that establishes
butterfly gardens for schools
and colleges which are
sponsored by corporates under
CSR . This not only benefits
pollinators but also enhances
environment education among
schools. We have created 4
such gardens in Maharashtra .
Additionally it fulfils UN’s
goals. We hope to expand
more. Each butterfly garden
cost Rs. 2 lakh with one year
• Who are you? What you do?
What you offer? How is it
unique? How is beneficial?
How effective is it? How much
does it costs?
Share the awards and recognition
awarded to him/her.
Plan free events Social media
Set up meetings with
Create freebies Start a newsletter Join like-minded
ready to be a
Answer these 10 questions to know if you are
ready to start
1. Do you have financial support for atleast 6 months?
2. Do you have domain and market
3. Do you have a credible track record?
4. Do you have necessary soft skills required for
starting an enterprise?
5. Do you have ability to work 24x7?
6. Do you team of friends/mentors/support?
7. Do you have a good online presence?
8. Do you have ability to delegate?
9. Do you have good communication skills?
10. Do you have fair knowledge about laws that govern
businesses in India?
Dr. V. Shubhalaxmi
Founder & Director