LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
• It's no secret many telecom and cloud providers are struggling
for sales - it's an in increasingly competitive market and
businesses are facing shrinking budgets.
• This session will consider these trends and discuss 10 tips any
service provider can use to increase sales by as much as
• We’ll also share the 15 Marketing Must-Do’s.
Chief Mojo-Making Officer
Chief Mojo-Fying Officer
10 Ways to Double Your Sales
1. Hire a coach or mentor
2. Get top-notch sales training
3. Learn to say “NO!”
4. Don’t just prospect, target – Go Niche
5. Establish trust fast with testimonials & social proof
6. Ask great questions and listen
7. Improve time management – Respect the Money Hours
8. Upsell, cross-sell
9. To get referrals, GIVE referrals
10. Form great partnerships
1. Hire a coach!
• Sports teams have
coaches & trainers to
help them to peak
Why wouldn’t you?
Selling Has Changed
Some days does it feel
like no one wants to
talk to you??
2. Get top-notch sales training
• Improve individual sales skills!
• Get better at asking open ended
questions, asking for the sale,
and getting buy in.
• Doctors, Lawyers, CCIE
• “Don’t wish it were easier…wish
you were better.”
– Jim Rohn
3. Learn to say “No.”
• Walk away from tire kickers or
those who are not a good fit.
• Ex: Hosted PBX is best
leveraged by multi-location
businesses or businesses with
virtual, remote or mobile
workers. If your prospect is a
single site without mobile or
virtual needs, politely decline.
“There are 5 obstacles in
every sale – no need, no
money, no hurry, no desire,
The best prospects have an immediate need – a pain point – coupled
with a budget (they can afford your services) and trust.
4. Go Niche!!
• Niche messaging resonates more
– Open rates increase
– Engagement increases
• “Experts” can charge more
• Trust is implied
Research Different Niches
• Start with your current customer database
• Determine which niches are more receptive to your unique
• Survey the niche
– Are they receptive to cloud?
– What are their pain points?
– What’s their “language”?
• Develop case studies
5. Establish trust – fast!
• The biggest factor in sales is TRUST
• The prospect has to buy 3 times
during a sale.
• They have to buy (1) the
salesperson, (2) the company and
(3) the service.
• That’s a lot of trust building. That’s
why testimonials, references,
relationships, social proof, case
studies and follow up are so
6. Ask great questions, and listen
• Asking insightful questions is
more powerful than spouting
off knowledge and facts.
• Uncover pain – over and
• Keep the prospect
talking…the more they talk,
the more you’re selling.
If you don’t listen, you
don’t sell anything.
7. Improve time management
• Follow your sales process with more discipline.
• Sales can be time consuming – quotes, proposals, contracts,
follow-ups, emails, demos…
• You have to get through the sales process faster.
• Automate what you can (templates).
• If you aren’t working your calendar to schedule your
appointments, follow up, sales activities, lunches
(never eat alone), etc., then you are letting your day run you.
You = Your Calendar* *Calendars NEVER lie.
- Tom Peters
• Routines, habits are the secret to
success – something that
Stephen Covey preached as well.
• What are Money Hours?
8. Upsell Current Customers
• Another way to increase
sales is to sell more to your
current customers. Adding
features – like call
recording or voicemail-to-
text – will not only give
you incremental growth, it
will make the customer
• INCREASE ARPU.
9. Get referrals by giving them
• Identify people who are very
• Identify people who like to
• Connect on Social Media
• Don’t ask first…instead offer
something of value to the
• Eventual goal: become a
10. Form strategic partnerships
• “Plug in” to partners who
already have the knowledge
and processes in place.
• This greatly increases speed
to market and gives you
instant expertise without the
hassle and expense of hiring
• Ex: Intelisys & Telapprise
THE 15 MARKETING MUST-DOs
2. Biz cards (High Quality or Unique)
5. Local Search
6. Social media (maybe)
7. On-message email signatures
8. Email marketing
9. Cold Calling
10. Referral Programs
13. Guest Blogs
14. Key Influencers