1. ARMANDO IBARRA MARTINEZ
19107 Fir Canyon, Cypress, Texas 77429
Mobile: (832) 6421723 Alternative phone
(832)257 3964 E-Mail: email@example.com
ACCOUNTING AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Broad experience in inventory analysis, variance analysis, cost tracking, project management, compliance
management, and budgeting at Major Corporation. Thoroughly familiar with traditional and activity-based
costing systems and variables. Articulate and persuasive in dealing with all levels of management, peers
and clients. Persistence in achieving goals that leads to success while building corporate value. Bilingual
• Pre and post cost control
• MFG analysis
• Budget Forecasting/Allocation
• Inventory Analysis
• General Accounting Operations
• Results Oriented/Analytical Thinker
• Inventory Management – Raw Material
• Led the roll up in regular basis at Axalta Coating Systems.
• Reduce MFG variances in raw material as a result led the cause- root analysis.
• C.A. position increased the productivity in 35% after review the process and set up new diagram,
procedures and develop new tools and programs.
• Led and developed standard and real Cost Tracking/Forecasting effort to review new plants
constructions in Mexico (e.g. Davenport and Dubuque projects).
• Designed and implemented ‘target costing’; gather price, cost and profit data to determine total cost of
product during the design stage.
• The successful automation of all the inventory audit system in 3 plants of Mexico including +12,000
• Generated +250K annual savings to the Material Department by keeping inventory costs and 100%
• Monitored the perpetual inventory department guidelines and issued monthly reports to ensure
• Developed a partnership between Finance and the Perpetual Inventory Team resulting in improved
performance and a monthly reporting structure.
Axalta Coating System / Dupont Powder Coating
Cost and inventory Accountant
Responsible of Cost Mater file, Manage and control 15.0 million us dollars in
inventory (RM-WIP-FG) , In charge of MFG journals entries (production ,
Cycles , adjustments, transfers and variances), MFG budget , and Fixed assets.
• Manage the cost file ( std cost) and run the cost roll up in regular basis.
2012 to now
2. Armando Ibarra Martinez Page Two
• Responsible of inventory reconciliation process (25 accounts) and post
differences. Develop root cause analysis in order to eliminate differences.
• Manage and control the spare parts inventory.
• Manage, organize, supervise and control physical inventories RM WIP &
FG. In both plants (Houston and Hilliard) and warehouses in USA,
• Involved in end of the month process, create production, transfer,
adjustments and cycles journals by month and evaluate variances.
• Fixed Assets management
• Expenses Control and its impact at PFC report ( plan fix cost )
TransAmerican Power Products.
2010 to 2012
Accounts payable coordinator
Responsible for administrative activities, payable account and inventory department.
• Improve the payable process and control of expenses using QuickBooks data system
• Review all invoice and related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial
policies and procedures. Generated 35.0 million a year to Supplier’s payments.
• Reconcile Bank Accounts statement of 8 bank accounts
• Manage, organize, supervise and control physical inventories.
• Assist to controller in month end and year end closing.
• Support to payroll process.
John Deere 2007 – 2009
Inventory and Expenses Accountant
Responsible for the Inventory and Expenses Department, accounting and analysis of over a $170MM
operating inventory for the 3 Plants with more than 1200 employees.
• Developed a partnership between Finance and three of the plants Leadership Teams.
• Drove knowledge and ownership of the inventories. Participated in monthly review meeting with the
Finance Manager and Business teams to understand the changes and differences in inventory.
• Managed, organized, supervised and reconciled physical inventories. The cost methodology to
value inventory was standard cost to track all inventory
• Drove consistency in managing inventories’ efficiencies and analyzing costs.
• Developed tools for the business to use inventory values.
John Deere 1995 – 2006
Responsible for the Perpetual Inventory Department that included more than 12,000 different parts,
ensemble and bundles in the Monterrey Plant.
3. Selected Contributions:
• Provided timely and reliable reports to the management team and directors.
• Analyzed the data to ensure accuracy and answer any questions for the Leadership team and
• Prepared and presented the monthly financial package to the Leadership Team.
• Performed a in-house total inventory in a record time with optimum accuracy.
• Developed key performance indicators to measure differentials and progress in periodical reports to
the leadership teams.
• Improved +90% efficiencies in the inventory control ensuring accuracy.
• +250K savings by eliminating the physical inventory of the Monterrey Plant.
• Developed perpetual inventory systems for raw material, working process and finished goods for 3
plants with more than 1200 employees.
John Deere 1984 – 1994
Cost Manager’s Assistant
Managed all financial functions of divisions and daily operations including product costing, cost reporting
with variance analysis which included all current rates and oversight of standard cost system.
• Managing, monitoring and controlling costs on assigned projects.
• Preparing and providing elemental cost estimates for numerous prestigious and icon projects
across the business.
• Actively studying and recommending cost options/studies for projects.
• Implemented a cost by activity systems adoption in addition to the traditional cost system.
B. A. in Accounting and Audit - Nuevo Leon Autonomous University (Mexico) – Monterrey, Mexico.