2. • Is a storm on the Earth's atmosphere and also
• Thunderstorms can form and develop in any
geographic location, A super cell thunderstorm is
a long-lived thunderstorm. These storms have
the greatest tendency to produce tornadoes that
stay on the ground for long periods of time
3. • A tornado is a violently rotating column of air that spins while
in contact with both the surface of the Earth and clouds.
• Tornadoes mostly happen in summer or spring .
4. Change in wind direction
Increase in wind speed
5. We need three basic things for happening thunder storm.
6. • On a hot summer day the surface of the Earth is heated
by the sun. The Earth's surface heats the air just above
the surface through the process of conduction. The
action of warm air rising and cold air sinking (convection)
If the warm surface air is forced to rise, it will continue to
rise, because it is less dense than the surrounding air.
7. • Most tornadoes form from thunderstorms. You
need warm, moist air and cool dry air When
these two air masses meet, they create instability
in the atmosphere. A change in wind direction
and an increase in wind speed with increasing
height creates an invisible, horizontal spinning
effect in the lower atmosphere. Rising air within
the updraft tilts the rotating air from horizontal to
9. Orographic thunderstorms are caused by air that is
forced up by a mountain or hillside.
Air mass thunderstorms are the result of localized
convection in an unstable air mass.
Frontal thunderstorms occur along the boundaries of
weather fronts .
12. • The effects thunderstorms have on people can be very
harmful. Some include electrocution, shock, and
even deaths .When we have thunderstorms, it can
destroy the environment. It can hurt animals, damage
buildings, and lightning can burn
the grass so animals may not have any food to eat. Just
one thunderstorm can produce lightning, rain, tornadoes,
high winds,. Lightning is listed as one of the worst,
and most dangerous occurrences in a storm.
13. Loss of Life
Destruction of Land
Destruction of buildings &
Rebuilding takes a lot of time
Stop food chains
14. The good effects of thunderstorms are :
Rainfall for crops.
Also it s important for water .
15. The good effects of tornadoes are .
Clears out old vegetation allowing the new stuff to grow .
Berries from knocked down trees for animals .
Worker get a better idea to make buildings safer for