o System configuration.
o Server configuration.
o I/P and O/P devices.
o Application Software.
o ERP and SCM techniques.
o Security measures adopted.
6. System configuration
• Operating system: windows XP-2002 embedded.
• RAM: 1GB RAM .
• Processor: Dual core processor with 997 MHz, speed .
• Hard Disk: 160GB.
• Multimedia keyboard and optical mouse .
• Monitor: TFT 17 inch.
• JDBC-ODBC server.
7. Server configuration
• Http server.
• Speed of about one terabyte.
• At bank of India, Individual system have a speed of
about 100mpbs.They have LAN network.
• The main server is maintained at Mumbai head office
• INTERNET EXPLORER and Mozilla Firefox is used for
browsing the internet.
8. LAN - Local Area Network
• Bank of India uses LAN network to communicate with
all the persons within the organization.
• Speed – 100 mbps.
9. WAN – Wide Area Network
• WIDE-AREA network is used to connect other
branches of BANK OF INDIA and also to connect
other banks like SBI, ICCI and other nationalized
• In Bank of India they are using internet for various
From their own Website within the organization that
uses all the internet technologies.
The internet technologies used such as: Web browsers
and servers etc.
In bank the intranet is protected by security measures
such as passwords, encryptions, and firewalls.
13. Application Software
• Finacle Software: It is an application software used for
CORE BANKING SOLUTION(CBS) and also in various
other applications like On-Line Banking, On-Line fund
transfer, to solve any type of complex queries which
involve probability methods like true or false and also in
communicating with the HEAD OFFICE(HO).
15. ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING
• It deals with the planning and use of resources used in
• The ERP provides methodology of assessing the
resources needs for a given business plan to achieve
certain business objectives.
• The ERP provides a support system in the transaction
17. SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
• Supply chain consists of all stages involved in servicing
the customer to fulfill the expectations.
• The supply chain not only includes the manufacturer
and suppliers but also transporters, warehousing.
• It acts as a process of working of an organization.
18. Security measures
Various security measures are used in the bank to
maintain the confidentiality of data and other related
purpose. Some of the security techniques or software's
used are as follows:
• DATA ENCRYPTION.
• VIRUS DEFENSES.
• Data Encryption: Helps in converting particular
individuals name and details into codes. Further
decrypts' it into original name of the customer when
used by authorized user only.
• Virus Defenses: Using anti-viruses to prevent files from
corruption and various other purposes.