Callan M. Billingsley
Attorney at Law 909 N.E. Loop 410, Suite 300, San Antonio, Texas 78209
(210) 822-6841 (Telephone) • email@example.com
RESUME OF CALLAN M. BILLINGSLEY
* Licensed to practice law (1) in the State of Texas since May 14, 1982, (2) in the United States
District Court for the Southern District of Texas since September 5, 1986, and (3) in the United
States District Court for the Western District of Texas since April 3, 1996.
* Certified in Basic Mediation since March 28, 1993. Have conducted both voluntary and court-
ordered mediations and arbitrations.
* Excellent writer and editor (both parents were journalists).
LegalPRO Systems, Inc.
November 21, 2015 - September 16, 2016
* LegalPRO makes the software that I (and thousands of bankruptcy attorneys in all fifty States and
Puerto Rico) use to produce the documents that people and corporations filing bankruptcy sign and
that are filed. I was hired, due to my extensive knowledge of bankruptcy law and practice, to assist
the programers in the development of a new cutting-edge “cloud” based program that would be
accessible from any device with the ability to connect to the internet. The project was successfully
completed and the product was launched. With that, my services were no longer needed.
OWNER OF "THE LAW OFFICE OF CALLAN M. BILLINGSLEY"
February, 2001 - present (and, previously, from October, 1987 to August, 1997)
* As a sole-practitioner, have operated successful general law practices in Brazoria County, Texas,
Kendall County, Texas, and Bexar County, Texas. Have handled numerous legal matters, including
civil jury and non-jury trials and civil appeals in State and Federal Courts (see, e.g., West Columbia
National Bank v. Griffith, 902 S.W.2d 201 (Tex.App.- Houston [1st Dist.] 1995, writ denied).
* Well versed in consumer bankruptcy law. Practice, since 1997, has been exclusively in the area of
consumer bankruptcy law. Previously engaged in the general practice of law. Prior clients included
City of Galveston Federal Credit Union, Comerica Bank-Texas, LaPorte State Bank, Victoria Bank
and Trust, and West Columbia National Bank.
* Taught credit courses in Real Estate Law at Brazosport College, Lake Jackson, Texas. Taught
continuing education courses to Texas Real Estate Licensees. Gave several speeches to credit
management groups, including the Gulf Coast Credit Manager's Association and the Gulf Coast
Credit Union Association.
* Have spoken at numerous local and statewide bankruptcy seminars, including the prestigious 25th
Annual Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference (University of Texas at Austin), the State Bar of
Texas 24th Annual Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Course (Dallas, Texas) and the State Bar of
Texas 25th Annual Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Course (Houston, Texas).
LAW OFFICE OF ROGER N. HAVEKOST – SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
June, 2000 – February, 2001
* Firm represented, exclusively, Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy debtors in the Western District
of Texas. As one of three attorneys in the firm, duties included handling all aspects of Chapter 7 and
Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases.
LAW OFFICES OF DAVID W. KIRK, P.C. - SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
August, 1997 - May, 2000
* Firm represented, exclusively, Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy debtors in the Western and
Southern Districts of Texas. As managing attorney and one of four attorneys in the firm, duties
included handling all aspects of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases.
LAW FIRM OF RAINEY AND LEBOEUF - ANGLETON, TEXAS
October, 1984 - September, 1987
* Firm handled general civil matters, with an emphasis on personal injury defense and banking law.
Duties as an associate included preparing for and trying civil jury and non-jury cases in State Court,
taking depositions, attending ancillary hearings, preparing pleadings and other documents, and
performing numerous other tasks associated with the general practice of civil law.
THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY - MIDLAND, MICHIGAN
February, 1982 - September, 1984
* As an in-house corporate counsel, practiced and resided in Texas, Michigan, and Ohio. Handled
such matters as workers' compensation claims, labor relations, unemployment claims, construction
disputes, antitrust matters, sales and purchasing. Area of responsibility included Texas, Ohio,
Michigan, Arkansas, Connecticut, Illinois, Georgia and Missouri.
* South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
Doctor of Jurisprudence - January 4, 1982
Graduated 20th in class
* The University of Texas at Austin, Texas
Bachelor of Arts - May 20, 1978
Graduated with honors and special honors (3.6 GPA)
State Bar of Texas
San Antonio Bankruptcy Bar Association (President: 2002 and 2012; Director: 1999, 2003,
2009 and 2013; Secretary: 2000 and 2001).
* Born in Freeport, Texas. Raised in neighboring Lake Jackson, Texas.
Married to Elizabeth Burkhalter-Elliott. Two children and three step-children.
Avocations include golf and sport shooting.