Learn a 3 step process that will make people looking at your website, turn into actual paying customers. Despite what they may think, startups don't have an exposure problem, they have a conversion problem.
8. “WE HAVE TWO EARS AND ONE
MOUTH SO WE CAN LISTEN TWICE
AS MUCH AS WE SPEAK.”
9. 1. KNOWYOUR CUSTOMER
• The biggest challenge with selling via media is you don’t get to meet
your customer and simply ask them what they’re looking for
• So spend the time to deeply understand your customer
• You should be able to describe their problems better than they can
• Enter the conversation in their mind and seem almost psychic
• Study similar products to yours that are selling well for inspiration
• Look in forums where your customers hang out and see what they’re talking
• Read their Facebook comments, blog comments
• Talk to someone who represents your customer avatar
• Do whatever it takes to LISTEN TO THEM
11. QUESTIONSYOU MUST ANSWER
• What problems do they believe they have?
• Why do they want them solved?
• What do they feel that they really need?
• What do they want to achieve?
• What emotions do they want to feel?
12. USETHEIR LANGUAGE
• What words do they use to describe their problems and desires?
• Ask them, engage them, and they will tell you.
• “My greatest desire is to step fully into my purpose.”
20. MORE GARY GOODNESS
“This is the mistake that most people are making: they're wasting good
time and energy trying to convert, when they should be taking that
same time and allocating it to reaching more people.”
34. WE SHOW OUR MESSAGINGTO
PEOPLE THAT ARE LOOKING FOR IT,
OR ALREADY INTERESTED IN IT.
35. HOW DOYOU FINDYOUR CUSTOMER?
• What books would they read?
• What websites would they visit?
• What do they like on Facebook?
• What keywords are they typing into Google?
• Whose ecosystem are they already in? (JointVenture)
36. 3.THE PRESENTATION
• You know who your customer is…
• You understand and have deep empathy with their aspirations,
desires and fears…
• You know where they are and how to reach them, what they’re
searching for who they currently listening to…
37. 3.THE PRESENTATION
• Now you can begin crafting your sales presentation
• And here is the 12 Step Foolproof Sales Letter template that we use
to do so:
• David Frey’s 12 Step Foolproof Sales LetterTemplate
• Love yourself, love your product, love your customer.
• It comes through in your words and actions and ultimately separates
the winners from the losers
• Don’t be afraid to speak in your own voice, use your own language
• BE AUTHENTIC: It work surprisingly well
41. STYLISTIC ELEMENTS
• Conversion rate is a one dimensional metric
• How do you create longevity, loyalty, lifers?
• Mindvalley gets a HUGE portion of its revenues from customers that
have been in our ecosystems for months or even years
• We have become a part of their lives, they are raving fans
• Think about the long term effect of your sales messaging
• “THE END OF MEDITATION?” May get the clicks once, but you’ve
• Optimize for loyalty and longevity
• Be a trusted advisor to your client, and continually seek to solve their
problems and enrich their lives
• What do your prospects know about you before you offer them
• Do they already trust you?
• Have you already demonstrated expertise and shown that you’re one
of the ‘good guys’?
• Harder to measure, but ultimately more important
44. ALMOST DONE…
• Understand your customer deeply
• Find them
• Craft a sales message using the framework
• Put it in front of as many interested people as you can
• Nurture the long term relationship and incentivise virality