Jake Mendel, an entrepreneur-turned-banker working with Silicon Valley Bank’s Early Stage companies in NYC delivered a Fundraising Workshop at Techstars Startup Week Columbus on May 7th, 2018. This presentation covers:
- How do I structure my fundraising process?
- What should be in my pitch deck?
- What resources are out there for founders seeking venture capital?
- What round am I raising and why am I raising venture capital?
- When’s the best time to raise?
- How do I qualify investors?
- What does a lead investor do?
- What are the difference between VC’s in the Midwest vs. NYC/SF/Boston
- How do I get an intro to a VC
- How should I prep for VC meeting #1?