1. Kevin J. Fox, PMP
2620 Babble Creek Lane (314) 660-4309
O’Fallon, MO 63368 firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager of IT Services § Technical Sales Support Manager § Sr. Project Manager of Applications / PMO
Global Organizations …High –Technology Firms…Telecommunications…Government…Manufacturing/Distribution
Consummate manager with 12+ years in delivering highly effective technical solutions, improving workflow processes and
lowering costs. Decisive, solutions-focused, and results-oriented individual with experience in large multi-million dollar
budgets, cost/benefit analysis and controlling costs from comprehensive knowledge of business operations. Follow
established policies, best practices, and guidelines within PM methodologies. Motivational leader able to foster teamwork,
amongst technical staff, offshore developers, business users, and energize others to higher levels of performance. Ability to
communicate to identify requirements and deliver customized solutions based on service level agreements. Creative in sales,
problem solving, analysis, negotiation, and drive to achieve organizational goals. Combine cross-functional expertise in:
▪ Strategic Vision & Planning ▪ Agile/Scrum & Waterfall Project Management ▪ Managed Delivery Process
▪ Vendor Resource Management ▪ Manage Web Application Design & Development ▪ Staffing-Hiring/Evaluate/Firing
▪ Budget & Financial Planning ▪ Manage IT Product/Solutions Rollout ▪ Manage Sales Activities
▪ Team Building & Leadership ▪ C-Level IT Sales & New Market Development ▪ System Migrations/Transitions
▪ Reporting of EV/KPI Metrics ▪ Contract & Vendor Negotiations ▪ Change Mgmt-SAS70/HIPAA
Management – A forward thinker and strategic minded, have utilized my leadership skills with my teams to coordinate
within SDLC the design of strategic plans and leverage the internal resources and vendors to tactically complete large
software implementations. Success comes from strategic vision and design of a plan that meets the goals of business and IT
stakeholders; managing technical teams; communicating with upper management on progress on plans to achieve objectives;
keeping the client abreast of all issues, risks and solutions; and coordinating the efforts of vendors’ activities. Performed HR
functions of evaluation, mentoring, hiring and firing.
Sales Support Management – Developed trust and rapport with clients by identifying solutions that would improve
efficiency, reducing cost of operations, and stage them for increased sales or better customer service.
Project Management – Use standard PMBOK guidelines to work within the SDLC. This includes initiation of project;
charters, plans and contracts; identify scope; blueprint; roadmap development; prioritizing requirements gathering;
allocation of resources; solution design; issue and risk mitigation; provide guidance on unit, integrated, user acceptance and
regression testing; change management; facilitation of meetings; communication of status to management; recording of
metrics, including EV, ETC, EAC, burn-rate; cost containment analysis; budget; implementation and support; and release
Software Development – Performed software development and analysis for 12+ years in financials, warehousing, inventory,
distribution, PBM, and credit card processing systems.
Sr. Project Manager – Centene - Contractor 8/2012 – Present
Project & Delivery Management for the Provider Data Management (PDM) Business Integration team working to complete
several migration projects. Coordinate this effort with the IT development staff while tasked to create an Agile environment
to meet each health plans State requirements. All efforts deal with networks, provider/practitioner data, affiliations,
credentialing, reporting and tying in with Amisys, the claims system.
• Managing multiple states’ Medicaid/Medicare plans’ provider/practitioner data to be migrated into McKesson Portico
system. Includes management of data clean-up to prepare for the implementation, design of regulatory and operational
reporting, Find-a-Provider, pricing configurations, and vendor feeds (dental, vision, behavioral & long-term care).
• Working with PDM manager to develop operational redesign resulting in reducing the time for the Enrollment, CRM,
and Credentialing process by days per provider/practitioner.
• Managing a team of PDM analysts to perform data clean-up activities for various migration projects.
Sr. Project Manager – MedAssets - Contractor 8/2011 – 4/2012
Project & Delivery Management on the Product Data Utility (PDU) and SI-Rx teams working on functional enhancements to
stage these applications and associated data for the conversion to a Master Data Management (MDM) methodology.
2. Page 2
Coordinated the efforts of the local matrix and near-shore teams to complete submitted projects and maintenance requests.
The efforts includes analyzing the requirements, design solutions, execute development, perform unit, system & functional
regression testing, and deploy solutions into production utilizing 2-week sprint/planning Agile/Scrum methodology.
Managed forecasts and budgets. Maintain SAS 70 and HIPAA compliance with change and release management for this
• Completed the PDU v7.0 Enhancement project under budget and on time. Project consisted of a structural enhancement
of the PDU which includes the environmental upgrade to SQL Server 2008 R2 to support the architectural redesign of
the PDU data tables and functional access utilizing a new service layer design to improve workflow throughput and
ultimately meet the requirements of the MDM initiative. Coordinated the development teams’ efforts with the
infrastructure team and other teams using the new table schemas and services. In addition working with business
stakeholders on developing product backlog and determining priorities on user stories to develop the sprints to complete
• Coordinated the near-shore teams’ Level 1, 2 & 3 support of the PDU & SI-Rx applications as production issues arise.
• Interim PM for Contract Management (CMS) and CDQuick systems enhancements for 2012Q1 Scrum team
• Agile Coach trained PMO over 6 months on the proper Scrum process to standardize our methodology corporate wide.
Sr. Project Manager – Express Scripts, Inc. - Contractor 7/2011 – 7/2011
Performed release management for Specialty Distribution. IT projects on ESI’s C&PS Business Services team managing
matrix resource teams to test, and implement a variety of software and hardware projects and upgrades.
• Obtained commitment from team partners to project timelines and act as a resource for the project team.
• Assessed risks, provide contingency options, and ensure successful production deployments.
• Performed successful delivery of assigned projects, while optimizing results within business & time constraints.
• Lead meetings with cross-functional project team to assess status, resolve issues, and decide if escalation is
• Adhere to project management process and project documentation standards.
• Tracked metrics in an effort to prove visually the success rate of release management.
• Continually reviewed release management processes for improvement opportunities in source code management,
integration of code into production, as well as overall project management processes.
Project Manager – MasterCard Worldwide - Contractor 8/2010 – 3/2011
Project & Delivery Management on the Omniture Web Analytics program for the Emerging Platform Development Group.
Coordinated the efforts of the team to complete submitted requests to implement business owners tracking of KPI’s on their
websites. The effort includes the team to analyze the requirements, develop a tagging matrix, work with the development
team, test the tags, create reports and dashboards, and provide necessary support.
• Developed reporting tools to track allocation of budgeted hours for the team’s 30+ projects, monitored and tracked
actuals, performed budget vs. cost containment analysis, and projected FTE’s needed for projects into the future.
• Performed management, analysis, tracking, and burn rates on $4M maintenance budget at a portfolio level across
several cost centers.
• Development teams utilize Agile/SCRUM methodology.
Project Manager – Express Scripts, Inc. - Contractor 7/2009 – 12/2009
• Managed a $1 MM portfolio of IT projects on ESI’s C&PS Planning team managing matrix Agile/SCRUM team of 9
along with 10 infrastructure and release management members, for the Consumerology Program. This includes
developing pilots and proof of concepts for future use to capture, track and dispense information for marketing and sales
for a PBM.
• Efforts include forecasting resource requirements; managing $1 MM budget; tracking burn-rate, ETC and EAC
• Projects include modifications to CCS Member Portal (client access), that also utilize SMS text messaging capabilities,
and Compass functionality.
Project Manager – Nestle’ Purina Petcare - Contractor 11/2006 – 6/2009
Project & Delivery Management on Nestle’s strategic Globe Initiative to put all market segments on an SAP platform using
unified process and master data. Included managing Replicated Master Data project, created project plan for the
development of interfaces of SAP data to various NPPC Heritage/Legacy applications. Performed oversight functions under
the GLOBE Initiative for multi-million dollar Trade Management Tool project that coordinated the rewrite of trade and
promotion management processes. Simultaneously managed BW/Cognos Reporting plan and H/L Cutover for Go Live.
Developed earned value scorecard to track progress of users’ creation of business requirements.
• Created the Heritage/Legacy (H/L) PMO Cutover consolidated project plan for 7 project teams (approx. 50 members).
This plan drove the H/L resource planning budget of about $2 MM for cutover of the Golden Products operation in July
3. Page 3
2008, and performed initial planning for Pet Food Cutover in September 2009. Monitored the plan using an EV point
system and tracked project health through KPI metrics.
• Took over management of the BW Reporting - PMO project plan for Cluster 1 Go Live. Developed and maintained the
project plan for all of the BW/Cognos reports and tasks related for Cluster 2 implementation in September 2009.
Budget consisted of approx. $1.2 MM for the 8 person team. Coordinated development, testing efforts of Cognos team
(10) and the Global Center offshore developers’ work and release schedules.
• Developed Globe Initiative Replicated Master Data project plan for the development of interfaces of new workflows
using SAP data to various NPPC Heritage/Legacy applications for a team of 10-15 professionals. Manage using best
practice controls the efforts of several business analysts to review business requirements generated; assign and monitor
developers to tasks; coordinate efforts of testing teams; track actual hours of effort, re-level plan resources, track
milestones and use of contingency time, and perform Earned Value and budgetary analysis for the $3 MM project.
Developed reports to determine resource needs based on “What If” scenarios. Communicated with business personnel
and resources on the Globe and BTC team in regard to SAP upgrades. Responsible for status reports, used plan and
scorecards to track and monitor project, issue resolution and review of deliverables. Tracked the development of test
plan and cases by Testing Services Group.
Project Manager – U.S. Postal Service - IAB IT - Contractor 11/2004 – 11/2006
• Coordinated and maintained the plan effort to integrate the applications and infrastructures of the International
Inquiry/Claims Adjudication system into the Domestic Claims system. Managed a project team of 5-10 to convert from a
Visual Basic GUI application using Terminal Services into a JAVA web-based application using Oracle database on a
Websphere platform. Developed business requirements; technical requirements; project plan for development of the
automated workflow, testing and infrastructure, quality assurance, system and user acceptance testing, and
implementation phases. Created and monitored $1 MM project budget. Identified, tracked and resolved issues.
• Managed $1.2 MM integration project with new JAVA web-based development on a Websphere/DB2 platform;
mainframe batch processing using multiple file sources including EDI and Oracle database within A/R systems; and
integrating functions with four USPS business units on a foreign postal service payments initiative. Assisted in database
design as well as management of web portal application, use case development, and testing.
• Worked with PMO on business cases for architectural re-design of legacy systems and created statement of work.
Assisted stakeholders identifying business requirements, build Rough Order of Magnitude document by determining
resources and costs of the project, and prepared/tracked project plans. Reported status of projects to IT management,
Portfolio management, and stakeholders. Developed initial budgets and high level project plans for nine Fiscal Year
2007 projects equaling over $3 million
• Performed project management for the International Accounting Branch IT team. Coordinated efforts on several projects
from minor tasks to larger enhancements.
Project Manager – SBC PMO - Contractor 01/2004 – 11/2004
• Developed and maintained $50 MM SBC PMO plan for the 4M2 Conversion/Integration project. Coordinated large
conversion process of a division's proprietary data to SBC legacy suite of 12-15 application (COIS, SORD, CRIS…)
groups with PMO staff. Managed the interdependencies with other project initiatives within SBC. Planned within the
release schedules of the various application groups.
• Primary responsibilities included maintaining PMO project plan including the major tasks and milestones of the 12-15
application groups; facilitate all meetings with stakeholders, business users, and technical teams across the country;
tracked issues and resolutions; submit escalation documentation on issues affecting timeline; performed the follow-up on
all escalations; and distributed status reports to management.
Project and Sales Manager – Miken Technology Group 09/2000 – 11/2003
Performed project management and conducted sales management for network integration and support firm. Developed
vendor relationships to expand service offering to customer base. Involved in negotiating SLA and costs with outside service,
software and hardware vendors. Provided clients with technology solutions, service support and asset management.
• Outstanding success in building relationships with C-level and P&L executive/decision-makers of new and established
clients. Attained over 90% client retention rate.
• Developed the standard statement of work, comprehensive sales proposals and SLA’s, used by entire sales force.
• While achieving 175% of quota first year, contributed to 40% increase in corporate sales revenues.
• Solutions consisted of E-Commerce, Windows 2000 & 2003 network integration projects, network design and
modification; software and hardware upgrades; including Citrix Metaframe solutions for remote access; ASP solutions,
wireless networks, web and email hosting, implementation of Internet access solutions through a variety of regional and
national vendors, wide-area networks and telephony.
• Performed initial network design that could contain: file and exchange servers; software release management of
party) products and licensing; firewalls; data protection; DR/BC; and connectivity requirements.
4. Page 4
• Performed strategic planning to implement application consulting opportunities to create new revenue stream.
Developed strategic alliances with communication/connectivity vendors and management consultants to provide a
vertical service offering and reduce costs by 15%. Provided strategic solutions for clients to utilize new technology and
more efficient work processes.
• Developed large project procedures, from setup and design, determined criteria for milestones; created deliverable
documentation for client approval signoff; and instituted project follow-up process. Engineered an automated, multi-
faceted Service Level Agreement. Set procedures for sales process on large endeavors which included the technical
staff’s review process. Created automated service contract tool to build unique service support solutions for clients.
• Negotiated with local to national supply channel vendors on pricing client proposals; developed 3rd
party vendors to
assist on projects; managed vendor project scheduling; and developed strategy for targeting our market.
• Identified the cost implications of hardware, software and labor for the setup, installation and product rollout, and initial
support for the project plan.
Sales Manager – Automated Data Systems Inc. - (Temporary/Contractor) 03/2000 – 09/2000
Performed sales of network integration solutions and support.
Engagement Manager/Site Manager – Unisys - Contractor 01/1998 – 11/1999
• As Site/Engagement Manager managed and delivered the $7 million United States Postal Service Y2K Certification and
Verification Project and USPS Y2K Archiving project over multiple sites and completed 3 months ahead of schedule
and on budget, based on SLA of contract with a staff of 6 project managers and up to 40 technical professionals.
• Restored leadership and provided goals for project teams, reestablished communication with client, and utilized contract
guidelines to coordinate tasks more efficiently. Handled work requests to fulfill the objectives of the project roadmap.
• Communicated and built relationships with eleven contracting firms that provided technical resources for our projects.
This included requests for talent, ongoing support, and eventual rollout of staff based on budget constraints.
• Managed archiving project for multiple USPS sites (St. Louis and San Mateo). Led teams to complete the project ahead
of SLA schedule and within USPS’s $1 MM budget.
• Completed over 50 maintenance and new development projects in 18 months, worth $3+ million, with 15 person team.
Reestablished continuity of deliverables being submitted to the client. Raised the completion “on schedule” rate for
projects from one in three to over 90% within same period, a 200% improvement which resulted in greater profitability.
• Improved relationship with USPS stakeholder and management team in San Mateo to overcome previous relationship
issues leading to early project completion. Opening channels of communication was imperative in achieving all project
objectives with limited resources and time frame.
• Led a team of 4 to create functional specifications to redesign the USDA AMAS Balancing System by conducting a JAD
interview process with operational personnel. Determined project worth at $2-3 million.
• Performed delivery management of a Food and Drug Administration Y2K Readiness Assessment Survey Project for
Battelle, managed team to interview executive management of a random sample of a few hundred national and
international companies regulated by the FDA. Deliverable was to determine companies using best business practices to
attain compliance with FDA Y2K Guidelines. Completed assignment early with recognition from primary contractor.
• Delivered the Food and Drug Administration Y2K Readiness Assessment Survey Project for Battelle.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOLS
MS Office (MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Outlook) ▪ MS-Project ▪ MS-Visio ▪ MS-Access ▪ VPMi ▪ Rally ▪ HP Quality
Center ▪ Remedy ▪ Resolve ▪ MS-Netmeeting ▪ MS-Sharepoiont ▪ Webex ▪ Changepoint ▪ SDLC ▪ Agile/SCRUM ▪
Earned Value ▪ KPI Metrics
PMP Project Management Institute
MBA Finance Webster University - St. Louis, MO
Certificate - Computer Programming Control Data Institute - St. Louis, MO
B.S. - Business Administration University of Missouri - St. Louis, MO