Axel Beelen takes a look at how blockchain and data protection regulation can be reconciled.
- What is GDPR?
- What are the basic principles of GDPR?
- Can personal data on the blockchain (and thus application of GDPR) be avoided?
- How does data minimisation pitch in?
- How does pseudonymisation pitch in?
- Who has what role in a blockchain setup? controller, joint controller,...
- How would rights of data subjects work?
The context was the second (2019) edition of the Computational Law and Blockchain Festival (#CLBFest), Brussels' node.