LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
AUTOMATIC ACTIVE PHASE SELECTOR FOR SINGLE PHASE LOAD FROM THREE PHASE SUPPLY
GATES INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY::GOOTY
(Approved by A.I.C.T.E New Delhi , Affiliated to JNTU Ananthapuram )
Gooty ananthapuram (V),Gooty-515401
ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
A PROJECT PRESENTATION
AUTOMATIC ACTIVE PHASE SELECTOR FOR SINGLE
PHASE LOAD FROM THREE PHASE SUPPLY
UNDER THE GUIDENCE OF
Mr.M.PARAMESH M . Tech
●The main of this system is to provide uninterruptable for single phase loads
even in the failure of one or two phases in a three phase system.
● Power instability in developing countries creates the need for
automation of phase selection or alternative sources of power to back-up the
● If any one or two phases in a three phase supply interrupted or goes low and
you want the equipment to work on normal voltages then this circuit will give
you the solution.
● This system is designed to monitor the presence of supply to the three phase
and to display the condition of each phase on an LCD.
● Most industrial and commercial applications depends upon the power supply.
● Phase absence is a very common in any industry , home or office . Many
times one or two phases may not be live in three phase supply . Because of this,
many times , some electrical appliances will be ON in one room and OFF in
another room .This creates a big disturbance to our routine work.
● This project is designed to check the availability of any live phase, and the
load will be connected to the particular live phase only . Even a single phase is
available , and then also , the load will be in ON condition . whenever the
phase is not available the buzzer will ON .
● This project is designed with AT89S52 MCU . This controller continuously
checks for live condition of all phases connected to it and the controller
connects the load to the Active phase using a relay.
● If two or three phases are live , the load will be connected to the phase 1 only
. An LCD is provided to display the status of the phase condition , Contrast
control preset is given for LCD contrast control.
● This project uses regulated 12v , 500mA power supply . 7805 three terminal
voltage regulator is used for voltage regulation. Bridge type full wave rectifier
is used to rectify the ac output of the secondary of 230/12v step down
It is a control device which incorporates a microprocessor.
AT89S52 is a powerful microcontroller which provides a highly flexible and
cost effective solution to many embedded control applications.
Regulated power supply . Is an embedded circuit it converts unregulated AC
into a constant DC with the help of rectifier.
● LCD Display:
Liquid crystal display for visual representation of active phases.
It is an electrically operated switch.an electrical device typically
incorporating an electromagnet , which is activated by a current or signal in
one circuit to open or close another circuit.
It is an electrical device that makes a buzzing noise and is used for signaling.
Incandiscent bulb to check wheather the supply is active or not.
● Keiluv IDE tool:
It is an integrated development environment is a software suite that
consolidates the basic tools need to develop the write and test software.
● Micro C Flash:
It is the powerful C compiler.
● Embedded C Programming:
It is the most widely used programming language for embedded
● The circuit is build around a transformer , comparator , relay ,
micro controller unit and transistor.
● Here step-down transformer is used along with the regulator and
● Three identical sets of this circuit are used each for three phases.
● It monitors the presence of three phases and to display the
condition of each phase on an LCD .
● It monitors the voltage condition of the each phase . If voltage
level of any phase is under the rated/specified voltage rating ,
immediately this phase is connected to a healthy phase thus ,
supplies to the load.
● The phase voltage is stepped down 230v to 12v , 300mA.
● Thus appliances are protected against under voltage by shifting
the AC supply to the absence phase.
● More Reliable
● Provide Constant Voltage
● High Stability
● Zero Man-Made Errors
● Continuous running of single phase loads
● Better Customer Service
● Jumping from phase to phase have some phase overlap
● Time wasting whenever there is power failure.
● Maintenance is more frequent as the changeover action
causes wears and tears.
By using this circuit we can solve the problem of low voltage in
single phase systems.
● To avoid natural/manual transmission of phases
● Implemented in low load offices and Residences
● Single Phase Motors