LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
A type of banking service that is provided to unemployed or low-income individuals or groups who would otherwise have no other means of gaining financial services.Read more: Microfinance Definition | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/microfinance.asp#ixzz3xueOPzif
Syndications IFC promotes development by mobilizing financing for the private sector in its developing member countries. In carrying out this role, we operate as both a financial and developmental institution. This developmental mandate is what differentiates IFC from commercial financiers. IFC acts as a catalyst in raising capital from foreign and domestic sources, in both private and public markets, for projects in the private sector of its member countries. Treasury Client Solutions IFC offers innovative derivative, structured finance, and local currency products and solutions that enable clients to hedge foreign exchange, interest rate, and commodity price exposure. Trade and Supply-Chain Finance The IFC Global Trade Finance Program guarantees trade-related payment obligations of approved financial institutions. The program extends and complements the capacity of banks to deliver trade finance by providing risk mitigation on a per-transaction basis for more than 250 banks across more than 80 countries. In the fiscal year ended in June 2015, IFC had an average outstanding balance of $2.8 billion in trade finance.
SOURCE: IFC Annual report 2014
Malik Waqas Ali Khan
CEO Malik Event Consultant
Lecturer GCMS Swabi
• Six decades of creating opportunity – Created
on 20 July 1956.
• IFC is the largest organization of its kind.
• 184 countries are members of IFC.
• Holds $48.8 billion portfolio touching almost
every major industry.
• Reach millions of people in over 100 countries.
• The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is
headquartered in Washington, D.C., United States.
• The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is an international
financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset
management services to encourage private sector
development in developing countries(MEMBER).
• Since 2009, Its goals are to increase
1. sustainable agriculture opportunities,
2. improve health and education,
3. increase access to financing for microfinance and business
4. advance infrastructure,
5. help small businesses grow revenues,
6. and invest in climate health.
1. Agribusiness and Forestry
2. Financial Institutions
4. Health and Education
7. Oil, Gas, and Mining
8. Public-Private Partnerships
9. Telecommunications, Media and Technology
10. Tourism, Retail and Property
1. To invest in productive private enterprises, in association
with private investors, and without government
guarantee of repayment, in cases where sufficient
private capital is not available on reasonable terms.
2. To serve as a clearing house to bring together investment
opportunities, private capital (both foreign and
domestic) and experienced management.
3. To help in stimulating the productive investment of
private capital, both domestic and foreign.
• The IFC is owned and governed by its member
countries (184), but has its own executive leadership
and staff that conduct its normal business operations.
• It is a corporation whose shareholders are member
governments that provide paid-in capital and which
have the right to vote on its matters.
• The IFC is governed by its Board of Governors which
meets annually and consists of one governor per
member country (most often the country's finance
minister or treasury secretary).
• Each member typically appoints one governor and also one
alternate. Although corporate authority rests with the Board
of Governors, the governors delegate most of their corporate
powers and their authority over daily matters such as lending
and business operations to the Board of Directors.
• The IFC's Board of Directors consists of 25 executive directors
who meet regularly and work at the IFC's headquarters, and is
chaired by the President of the World Bank Group.
• The executive directors collectively represent all 184 member
countries. When the IFC's Board of Directors votes on matters
brought before it, each executive director's vote is weighted
according to the total share capital of the member countries
represented by that director.
• The IFC's Executive Vice President and CEO oversees its
overall direction and daily operations.
• As of October 2012, Jin-Yong Cai serves as the Executive Vice
President and CEO of the IFC.
• President of the World Bank Group Jim Yong Kim appointed
Jin-Yong Cai to serve as the new Executive Vice President and
CEO of the IFC.
INVESTMENTS & PROJECTS
1. The corporation is assessed by an independent evaluator each
year. In 2011, its evaluation report recognized that its investments
performed well and reduced poverty, but recommended that the
corporation define poverty and expected outcomes more explicitly
to better-understand its effectiveness and approach poverty
reduction more strategically.
2. The corporation's total investments in 2011 amounted to $18.66
3. It committed $820 million to advisory services for 642 projects in
2011, and held $24.5 billion worth of liquid assets.
4. The IFC is in good financial standing and received the highest
ratings from two independent credit rating agencies in 2010 and
LIST OF RECENT
S. NO. COMPANY DATE COUNTRY
1 Canvest Environmental
JANUARY 20, 2016 CHINA
2 UNITED BANK FOR
JANUARY 20, 2016 NIGERIA
3 ACL ASEAN Tower
JANUARY 19, 2016 VIETNAM
JANUARY 14, 2016 JORDON
JANUARY 6, 2016 SINGAPORE,
6 NOBLE AGRI DECEMBER 29, 2016 CHINA
PERFORMANCE LEVEL OF IFC
In Million USD
In Million USD
2010 12664 6793 53.60%
2011 12186 6715 55.10%
2012 15462 7981 51.61%
2013 18349 9971 54.34%
2014 17261 9904 57.37%