Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell No. +971-50-1215195
Nationality: Pakistani, Visa Status: Residence
Languages : English / Urdu Driving License: UAE
A talented, results-driven senior Accounting/Finance Professional with extensive experience in the
areas of; Financial Accounting, Cost/Management Accounting, Projects Accounting,
Budgeting and Forecasting, Financial Analysis, System Designing and Implementation,
working with Mining, Pharmaceuticals and Construction companies providing complete financial
plans, analytical reports, budget processes and periods closing.
Ready Rocks Quarries/ Ready Land Transport Oct 2009 to-date
(part of Al-Masaood Group Abu-Dhabi) Financial Controller/ Chief Accountant
Main responsibilities include;
• Preparation of monthly management reports, evaluate financial performance.
• Finalization of financial statements & supporting schedules and to get them audited from
• Preparation of annual budget and achieving budget objectives by scheduling expenditures;
analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Managing cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts, handle loan portfolio and LCs related
• Ensuring periodic accruals/provisions are accounted for; reconciliation of banks, customers,
vendors and inter-company accounts.
• Ensuring operation of plant and equipment by establishing preventive maintenance
requirements and service contracts; arranging CAR insurance, maintaining equipment spare
parts inventories and fixed assets register.
• Evaluating/negotiating major purchase quotations, maintaining historical price trends and
finalizing purchase/sales/marketing agreements including preparation of bidding documents
for export tenders.
• Reviewing applications and credentials of potential customers for credit approval and
coordinating with legal department and external lawyers for recovery of Bad Debts.
• Supervising all payroll functions, employees insurance, leave and EOSB matters.
• Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels; create
and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
VIA D ARTE LLC Feb 2008 to Aug. 2009
(sister concern of Paris Gallery UAE & KSA) Chief Accountant
• Analyzed financial data and present accurate and timely financial reports; clearly
communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; monitor projects progress
and calculate project wise profitability.
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with IAS.
• Ongoing projects costing and verification of Projects billings, comparison with BoQs and
preparation of monthly payment plans for suppliers/ contractors.
• To managed cash flow and o ensure funds availability for timely completion of ongoing
• Support Design and Commercial directors in preparation of financial planning and cost
estimates for upcoming projects.
• Responsible for preparation and disbursement of payroll and employees EOSB..
• Finalization of annual accounts/ supporting schedules and coordinate with external auditors
to conduct audit as per timeline set by the Group.
Portacabin Prefab Houses & Décor LLC Aug. 2007 – Jan 2008
Sharjah, UAE Chief Accountant
Major activities carried out were;
• Developed and maintained financial accounting systems for cash management,
accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, petty cash and production.
• Streamlined transfer of accounting books from Focus to E-Promis ERP for real time
processing of financial transactions comprising finance, inventory, HR and production
• To Forecast cash flow position and related borrowing needs.
• To develop Job Order costing system and implementation thereof.
• To oversee payroll processing for more than 550 office and factory staff.
• Prepared annual accounts along with supporting schedules for external audit and
developed/strengthened internal controls in compliance with preceding year audit
Global Pharmaceuticals / Global Distributors Oct 2003 – June 2007
Islamabad, Pakistan Manager Finance & Accounts
Responsible for supervising and controlling finance and accounting departments.
• Managed the corporate finance tasks including all financial, management and statutory
accounting and reporting.
• Prepared and interpreted the actual monthly financial statements, forecasts, budgets and
5-year plans and reviewed the balance sheet reconciliations.
• Managed intercompany processes and Distribution network of 13 branches all over
Pakistan; sales, receivables, cash collections, petty cash requirements.
• Prepared statutory reporting and liaised with auditors on the year-end audit.
• Managed, reviewed, evaluated, selected and implemented group consolidation.
• Maintained and administered the corporate financial accounting system (Oracle
• Supervised establishment/endorsement of Import L/Cs including costing of materials.
• Supervising batch to batch costing of various products manufactured in factory and
calculating variances for matching with standards.
• Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual
performance compared to the business plans.
Bayindir Construction Inc. April 1998 – Sept 2003
Financial Analyst Islamabad, Pakistan
Major jobs entrusted were assisting General Manager in;
• Developing systems of inter controls, policies and procedures.
• Short listing & selection of Sub-contractors/Suppliers.
• Rate Analysis and Evaluation of Bids.
• Preparation of Extension of Time/ Financial claims.
• Preparation of financial and manpower budgets for planning and control.
Kampsax International A/S. March 1993 – March 98
Financial Coordinator Islamabad, Pakistan
Assisted Project Manager in the following areas;
• Preparation of Consultants/ Sub-consultants monthly payment invoices.
• Verification of contractor’s Interim Payment Certificate, Measuring Book.
• Preparation of BoQs, Cost Estimates, Variation Orders.
• Fortnightly/ Monthly progress reports for onward submission to the Client.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
ACMA – 2005
Associate Cost and Management
Institute of Cost and Management
Accountants of Pakistan
APA – 2003
Associate Public Accountant
Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants
BA – 1990 (Major Statistics)
Punjab University, Pakistan
Sound knowledge and experience MS Office, can efficiently operate In-house and customized
Accounting software including;
* Oracle Financial 9.0 * E-ProMis
* Focus * Peach Tree