VIDEO LINK ON MOODLE (Watch until minute 35)
!Please take notes!
◦ What is a project?
◦ What is a successful project ?
◦ Can you provide examples using the characteristics of a successful project as per the PMP® definition ?
◦ What is the difference between a project, program and portfolio?
◦ What is project management?
◦ Why is project management important to institutions, firms and organization?
◦ What is a project timeline? How can this tool aid an organizational goal?
FIVE PROCESS GROUPS
FIVE PROCESS GROUPS
◦ Monitoring and Controlling
◦ project is formally authorized by the sponsor
◦ initial scope defined
◦ stakeholders identified
◦ Why is stakeholder identification important ?
◦ Project Manager uses an iterative and more detailed planning technique, called progressive elaboration,
which allows project documents to be developed at a much more detailed level over time.
◦ What do Project Managers consider during this process?
◦ The Executing process group is where the work is actually done.
◦ Work on deliverable goals while being managed by the PM
◦ Why is team development important according to the Project Management Institute?
Monitoring and Controlling
◦ Why is monitoring a project important?
◦ What is expected of the monitoring and controlling stage?
◦ What is closing?
◦ How important is closing?
◦ Why should we apply the same rigor in closing as well ?
TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES
(source: https://www.actitime.com/project -management/project-management-tools-and-techniques#other-project-management-metho)
◦ The Waterfall Model
◦ The Critical Path Method
◦ The Critical Chain Method
◦ Rational Unified Process
◦ Program Evaluation & Review Technique
◦ The PMBOK Method
Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9LzsUhbXK4
Notas del editor
My name is Mustafa bokesmati. New instructor to this project management class. I will be assisting you in gaining the appropriate skills needed to become a professional project management. This is a skill that would tap on every facet of your lives whether personal or professional.
Expectations for the class: Attendance and participation (merit certificate) Punctuality Respect Team work Cooperation with professor and student More to come on the midterm and final examination Go over the outline Teaching philosophy: assist you in learning how to gain skills, rather than teach you the information yourself.
Answer: Stakeholder identification is crucial here because correct identification (and subsequent management) of stakeholders can literally make or break the project. These processes are performed so that projects and programs are not only sanctioned by a sponsoring entity, but also so that projects are aligned with the strategic objectives of the organization. Where this is not performed, projects may be started and carried out haphazardly, with no real stated goal or objective.
Answer: the scope is expansive: risk and response to risk, estimate of cost and time, provide for a schedule , Documents that plan for quality, communications, risk and procurement.
Answer: "processes required to track, review and regulate the progress and performance of the project; identify any areas in which changes to the plan are required; and initiate the corresponding changes.1
From its name, it should be pretty obvious what happens here. Not only do you formally close the project but you also get sign-off and acceptance from the customer. While this should be self-evident, too often projects just fizzle out. People stop coming to the meetings and everyone just shows up at the next one. Best practice dictates that the rigor applied to the rest of the project should be applied here as well. The project manager should formally close the project by archiving records, holding a lessons learned session, and celebrating and releasing the team. And the lessons learned along with other historical information should be centrally archived to be used as input to future projects to prevent reinventing the wheel.
Parece que tiene un bloqueador de anuncios ejecutándose. Poniendo SlideShare en la lista blanca de su bloqueador de anuncios, está apoyando a nuestra comunidad de creadores de contenidos.
¿Odia los anuncios?
Hemos actualizado nuestra política de privacidad.
Hemos actualizado su política de privacidad para cumplir con las cambiantes normativas de privacidad internacionales y para ofrecerle información sobre las limitadas formas en las que utilizamos sus datos.
Puede leer los detalles a continuación. Al aceptar, usted acepta la política de privacidad actualizada.