Use of to be verbs
• The First duty of ‘to be’ is to make continuous tense: to be+ (v+ing)=
• For example:
• Present: I am Doing
• He is doing the work, she is going to school etc.
• Past: I was doing/ she was crying/they were coming
• Future: I will/shall be doing/ she will be going to market tomorrow.
• I have been doing / I had been doing/ I shall have been doing
The second duty of ‘to be ‘ is to make passive
The work is done by me. Passive
Bush has been called in Iraq.
Jute is grown in Bangladesh.
I write with pen ……….. Pen is written with or by me.
The easiest way to identify passive is : To be + V.P.P
I am helped with money.
He was called for doing a important job.
He will be helped in the next year
I am being help
He has been helped
She will be being helped
Honey Is tasted sweet
3rd duty as a main verb
• I am a student
• He is a doctor
• She will be a dancer
• They were criminals